• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fantasy Birding (1 Viewer)

AidenD

For those of you who don't know, fantasy birding is a new game that has been gaining some traction in the birding community. The basic premise, much like fantasy football and other games, is that what you 'bird' in the game is a reflection of eBird checklists in real life.

Again, I thought this was going to be about LGRE......explainer available below for non Brits........:-O

https://lgrebirds.wordpress.com/

I know this is old but it always makes me laugh, it would be even funnier if it weren't true!

Regarding the game in the OP, there was a UK 'birder' who kept a tv list, that is to say he listed, all the birds he saw on television, even devising his daily tv schedule based on what programmes my have the opportunity to see the odd bird.

An old mate of line, now sadly lost to cancer, arrived at my door one day, clutching arms full of old video tapes. 'Andy, you have tons of books, fancy a challenge', he asked. For a whole weekend, we poured over my books as we forwarded and rewound anything we thought we had a chance of naming and as we had our little wins, each species we identified, was studiously noted, time referenced on the vid etc and inserted in to the video box on a neat, handwritten card for future reference, it was quite fun.... for a short time!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back