• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feckenham (1 Viewer)

11.15..The female King on the perches as I entered hide...managed to get window open and she went from perch to perch for 5 mins the flew off left.

8-10 Mallard...flew off later.
1 Little Grebe
1 Morehen.

So calm and quiet.

Same as last Saturday at 11.15...the King on the perch as I opened the door....this time she flew up and hovered before diving...waited years to get a pic of this....but only saw it through steamed up window...lol
She then flew around island so got window open.
She then appeared on right side post with a fish ...swallowed it then around island again before leaving left side...all the action now hour and a half of waiting ....
Just had a brilliant Red Admiral basking on Bush next to hide...colourful king then colourful admiral. ..great.
Some spots in the book this week were... Peregrine...Buzzard...Sparowhawk..Roebuck...Little Grebe...Cormorant...king every day.

Attachments

• 20191019_111303.jpg
    20191019_111303.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Thanks for these updates keith, i do keep an eye out for them. I'm a novice birder from pershore and i've been to feckenham a few times now, but all i've had is wet feet! Still, it's a nice spot regardless! Cheers, steve

The Kingfisher is having a good spell at the moment if you would like to see one...she has been here all morning...

SOMEONE HAS LOST GLASSES HERE...THEY ARE IN THE HIDE WAITING FOR YOU....

Last Saturdays King....

Attachments

• _MG_5008 - Copy.JPG
    _MG_5008 - Copy.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 67
  • _MG_5060 (3).jpg
    _MG_5060 (3).jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Great pics Kieth - we went to Upton to see the barn owl. It has been showing very well, up to the awful weather!

Very quiet for the "normal" bird(s)...no King at all but fantastic for Mammals...Fox in field edge by entrance then into the reeds after spotting me.
It showed up later by the edge of the pool then spotted me again.
3 Deer on the edge of reeds in mid distance all morning ...at 1st resting up then a walk about and feeding.
Lots of Wrens and Robins in the field to the left and at least one "chat" flicking around on the floor and up on the top of stems....wont say what this one was as no positive I.D. from that distance.... here's a quick cropped pic....

Attachments

• _MG_7505.JPG
    _MG_7505.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 49
Very quiet for the "normal" bird(s)...no King at all but fantastic for Mammals...Fox in field edge by entrance then into the reeds after spotting me.
It showed up later by the edge of the pool then spotted me again.
3 Deer on the edge of reeds in mid distance all morning ...at 1st resting up then a walk about and feeding.
Lots of Wrens and Robins in the field to the left and at least one "chat" flicking around on the floor and up on the top of stems....wont say what this one was as no positive I.D. from that distance.... here's a quick cropped pic....

Looks like female stonechat.

I would agree. Here’s mine from Brandon Marsh last week :)

Attachments

• 9FA361DD-9F7D-432E-BB22-143E14714362.jpeg
    9FA361DD-9F7D-432E-BB22-143E14714362.jpeg
    583 KB · Views: 37
Looking through my pics, this one looks closer to yours :)

Attachments

• BE002AC0-5655-42A2-95B6-24BA29BD253F.jpeg
    BE002AC0-5655-42A2-95B6-24BA29BD253F.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 32
1st visit this year and freezing with part of the water slightly frozen......not a lot of action from 11-1pm.
3 Buzzards
2 Moorhen
4 Mallard
Female Stonechat (reported)
2 Wren
loads of Corvids around as usual with plenty in the Rookery.
Kestrel female in tree behind duck pond.
Nice Fox with large bushy tail with black/white tip sitting watching all around and me before leaving to behind end of pond.
Great to meet the couple in the hide who have been about 30 times without us meeting...lucky them...lol

And.....many many thanks to the young couple ( first timers) in the Range Rover who put wood under my wheels and then pushed me out of the mud...it was frozen when I got there....that's twice running I have been stuck there so have to find somewhere else to park up from now on....

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    411.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    509.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 21
Brown Hairstreaks reported on wing and in Blackthorns yesterday....but think I got here too late today as no sightings...just Large and Small Whites..a few Speckled Wood plus a couple of Brimstones flying through.

A very obliging Chiffchaff (?) yesterday .....most of the time it was too close to focus...

EDIT....Reed Warbler...

Attachments

• 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 87.jpg
    87.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks....was going to go early today and then looked out of the window.....Hairstreaks will have to wait...lol

Possible BH shot over my head and the Blackthorn in the corner after crossing the bridge...literally minutes before torrential rain....
SORRY...had to take refuge in the hide...soaked.

Still on Friday......waiting in hide for the rain to stop and a Buzzard came from the left between island and front shore..SO CLOSE ...and head height.
Jumped out of my skin and it looked like it would land in the dead branches on the right but instead put all the Mallard up as it swooped around the trees at the far end.....

Attachments

• _MG_7698.JPG
    _MG_7698.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 17
  • _MG_7699 (2).JPG
    _MG_7699 (2).JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 24
  • _MG_7700.JPG
    _MG_7700.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back