• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Female Blue-throated Flycatcher? March 21, 2021, Bangalore, India (1 Viewer)

rsriram9

This little flycatcher made a surprise visit to our garden two days ago to have a dip in the bird bath and made our day! Is it the female blue-throated flycatcher? The first three images are that of the same bird.

Exactly a year ago, on March 22, 2020, the male Blue-throated Flycatcher briefly made its appearance in a dark corner of our garden, and I thought it was a Tickell's Blue Flycatcher and didn't think too much about it as an Asian Brown Flycatcher had also visited that day. But now, connecting the two, I believe both are Blue-Throated Flycatchers, male and female. Am I correct? (The next set of three images are that of the male.)
Thanks very much!

Attachments

• Blue-throated Flycatcher fem (1).jpeg
    Blue-throated Flycatcher fem (1).jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 42
  • Blue-throated Flycatcher fem (2).jpeg
    Blue-throated Flycatcher fem (2).jpeg
    8.5 MB · Views: 37
  • Blue-throated Flycatcher fem.jpeg
    Blue-throated Flycatcher fem.jpeg
    9 MB · Views: 40
  • Blue-throated Flycatcher male (1).jpeg
    Blue-throated Flycatcher male (1).jpeg
    8.3 MB · Views: 39
  • Blue-throated Flycatcher male (2).jpeg
    Blue-throated Flycatcher male (2).jpeg
    9.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Blue-throated Flycatcher male.jpeg
    Blue-throated Flycatcher male.jpeg
    10.3 MB · Views: 41
rsriram9....Iā€™d like that in my birdbath if only! šŸ˜¢ Male Taiga Flycatcher great shots.šŸ‘

Thanks @birdboybowley and @KenM - didn't expect this - a lifer for me, at home! So grateful, though would have loved to be a bit closer - photographed it from the living room, but before I could get to the sit-out it had finished its bath and left!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back