• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fieldscope ED III - A Prism housing play (1 Viewer)

milvusmilvus

Spain
Hello.

I've just purchased a Nikon Fieldscope ED III - A, with a 30x wf eyepiece. The image quality is amazing, and I'm quite happy with it but, after a week "playing" with it I have realized that prism housing has play. This piece moves from the end of focusing knob until eyepiece, no more than one or two millimeters. It moves up an down, not side to side.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance. Best regards.

milvusmilvus said:
Hello.

I've just purchased a Nikon Fieldscope ED III - A, with a 30x wf eyepiece. The image quality is amazing, and I'm quite happy with it but, after a week "playing" with it I have realized that prism housing has play. This piece moves from the end of focusing knob until eyepiece, no more than one or two millimeters. It moves up an down, not side to side.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance. Best regards.

Hi, I'm not sure whether the movement you notice concerns the outside part or whether it is inside. At any rate, there should be no movement of the outside parts of the body.

Swissboy said:
Hi, I'm not sure whether the movement you notice concerns the outside part or whether it is inside. At any rate, there should be no movement of the outside parts of the body.

Hello, Robert.

Thank you very much for the answer. All the prisms part of the scope moves, but can be told as the movement is outside, as the prisms doesn't rattles.

I'll contact Nikon Spain to see what to do, because the scope is second hand.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back