Finch United States (1 Viewer)

BabySparrow101

This isn't a real bird picture, but a wooden handmade bird statue. Which bird does this resemble? It has a finches beak, reddish eyes, blue fewthers with an orange breast but also some darker feathers with white spots?

Also I know this is modeled after a real bird, because there was a similar one of a goldfinch.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 61

nartreb

Speak softly and carry a long lens
First impression was barn swallow, but a number of details are wrong and the overall shape is off. Looked at the various North American bluebirds and buntings and none is any better.

The biggest problem is the reddish beak - there are very few birds with red beaks, and no blue ones that I can think of. Red eyes sure don't help either.

Either your artist was a horrible observer, or this is a cage bird - maybe one of the many varieties of Gouldian Finch?

Can you post a photo of the goldfinch so we have some idea of the level of detail / accuracy?

BabySparrow101

First impression was barn swallow, but a number of details are wrong and the overall shape is off. Looked at the various North American bluebirds and buntings and none is any better.

The biggest problem is the reddish beak - there are very few birds with red beaks, and no blue ones that I can think of. Red eyes sure don't help either.

Either your artist was a horrible observer, or this is a cage bird - maybe one of the many varieties of Gouldian Finch?

Can you post a photo of the goldfinch so we have some idea of the level of detail / accuracy?

Thank you so much for replying, but sadly I didn't buy the goldfinch LOL I bought this one which looked like a mystery to me. Looking closer the beak seems to be not red, but an orange, does that help?

I will search gouldian finch and see what I can compare it to. :)

Users who are viewing this thread