• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First images of the P950 (1 Viewer)

Looks something like the P1000 lens diameter on that body, and that body looks the same as the P1000? No manual focus ring on lens.

I have often thought I would like to see a 1000 lens that stops at 2000mm, with maybe a slightly larger sensor.

Den

Last edited:
Coolpix P950
・16 Megapixel backlit CMOS sensor, fast EXPEED image processor, and Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction.
・83x optical zoom (24–2000 mm) and 166x Dynamic Fine Zoom (4000 mm)
・With f/2.8 maximum aperture and Super ED glass to help reduce distortion at high zoom.
・Save and export uncompressed RAW (NRW) images to processing/editing programs.
・Easily record stereo 4K/UHD 30p footage, or Full HD (1080p) video at frame rates of up to 60p. Record in stereo sound and manually adjust key exposure settings while filming.
・Record time-lapse movies of approx. 10 seconds duration, which play back at 25 fps or 30 fps.
・Twice as large 0.39 inch 2360k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder with eye-sensor.
・LCD monitor Bright and larger 3.2 inch 921k-dot LCD monitor can be tilted and twisted in almost any direction.
・The large grip, side dial for auto focus, side zoom control, and snap-back zoom button ensure steady handling.
・Sync photos to your smart device or use the smart device to shoot remotely, even for RAW files.
・Mount Nikon accessories like Speedlights and mics. Or try Nikon’s DF-M1 Dot Sight, a foldable scope that helps track even fast-flying birds.
・Connectivity. Connect using Wifi, USB and Bluetooth.
・Nikon’s SnapBridge app for iOS and Android must be installed on a compatible smart device before SnapBridge can be used with this camera.

I’m placing my order for a P950 this afternoon with B&H... after much research and such, I’ve decided it’s the best choice, for me, out of the Sony Rx10 iv and the P1000... great price-point and smaller form factor/weight, which is important for me as I’m getting a Zeiss Harpia 95 I’ll be lugging around..

I’m placing my order for a P950 this afternoon with B&H... after much research and such, I’ve decided it’s the best choice, for me, out of the Sony Rx10 iv and the P1000... great price-point and smaller form factor/weight, which is important for me as I’m getting a Zeiss Harpia 95 I’ll be lugging around..

For bird photography, of course? |:D|

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back