• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Future Flags not visible on mobile (1 Viewer)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
I can't even see where this is.

I'm a bit concerned someone will come along and plant their own flag and think they've claimed ownership ! ๐Ÿ˜

Chosun (still without hat) ๐Ÿ˜จ

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Europe
Go to your account and click on profile and then on account details. On the right scroll down your details until you get to โ€˜countryโ€™ - select your preferred Flag of Convenience.

There are no big hair pink hats - the big hair pink hats have gone but thereโ€™s
these ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŽค๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘’๐Ÿงขโ›‘๏ธ or just ๐Ÿฆ˜

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Thanks - selected "Australia - Aboriginal" under the Country field and saved it -

BUT it doesn't seen to display anywhere
????

Chosun ๐Ÿ™† (still can't find a girl in a hat !)

elkcub

Silicon Valley, California
United States
I had to change my avatar. Now it's a Payote Bird (on a silver buckle). It was made by the famous Navajo silversmith, Tommy Singer, and was my first American Indian buckle purchased in 1985. I've used it ever since. Incidentally, Elkcub is the palindrome for Buckle.

Ed Tommy Singer ca. 1950s.jpg

Last edited:

elkcub

Silicon Valley, California
United States
Thanks - selected "Australia - Aboriginal" under the Country field and saved it -

BUT it doesn't seen to display anywhere
????

Chosun ๐Ÿ™† (still can't find a girl in a hat !
Chosun/Deb,

How do I locate and install my flag?

Using this system takes a lot of unlearning.

Ed

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Chosun/Deb,

Using this system takes a lot of unlearning.

Ed
Ed, just follow along instructions as per Deb's post. (Click on your avatar in the top navigation bar of all pages) then,
..... click on .... account details. On the right scroll down your details until you get to โ€˜countryโ€™ - select your preferred Flag
Remember to hit save at the bottom of the page of all those options.

I have set my flag - but the only place it is displaying is in my profile - about section
(to get to that click on your name once you've clicked your avatar, and on the highlighted section bar, arrow across to the far right and click on 'about'. It should be there.

If anyone else has a flag displaying anywhere else - please chime in !

At least all of this keeps the ol grey matter firing Ed ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Chosun ๐Ÿ™… (still hatless, and my Lynx are off the chain and going berko !)

Deb Burhinus

Europe
Hi elkcub

Click on account details and scroll down to Country - whichever Country you select and scroll down and save, automatically puts a flag under your avatar.

Chosan, if you want a flag in your signature you will have to find an image to paste an url into your signature box or upload an image from your devices photo files.

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Chosun, if you want a flag in your signature you will have to find an image to paste an url into your signature box or upload an image from your devices photo files.
Deb, is the signature (lines at the bottom of the post) the only place for it ? -

In the account details section, right underneath where you select your flag it even says:

"Select a country to display its flag under your name on posts".

Does it show up for anyone (and on what device) in the avatar and name box (at the top of every post) - similar to the way the old site displayed - and as I understand it should ?

Just FYI, orientation - landscape or portrait is making no difference on my phone ....

Chosun ๐Ÿ™†

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Chosun, your country flag is showing underneath your avatar.

Do you see mine, or anyone else's?

Kits

Picture Picker
I canโ€™t see the flags on my phone Chosun, but they are visible under the avatars on my Mac and iPad.

Deb Burhinus

Europe
CHOSUN The account flags are for your profile display under your Avatars only - I can see yours on my ipad but probably not on my mobile (interface modification again) . You canโ€™t use them anywhere else.

You can however, also insert a flag image into any of your posts using an url link or image uploaded from your phone (not from the โ€˜countryโ€˜ option in your account functions though) You can also insert an image into your signature box that appears at the bottom of the post by using an image from your phone gallery or the internet (but again this may not be visible on a space saving mobile phone interface).

The other thing you can do that you might like, is download the Aboriginal emoji app from the App store which has flags and everything else on it to do with Australia - the emoji flags on BF donโ€™t include an aboriginal one as far as I can see.

See here https://concreteplayground.com/sydn...digenous-emojis-are-now-available-to-download

app here https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/indigemoji/id1484422633

Then you may be able to sign a ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ after your name in your signature or posts. (if you canโ€™t see your signature with a phone - then signing off all your posts with your name (and flag emoji) so itโ€™s in the body of your text might be the only way youโ€™d see it on a mobile).

Deb ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ

Last edited:

Deb Burhinus

Europe
Kits isnโ€™t displaying a flag Arthur- Delia has the cross of St Andrew (blue & white flag) under her โ€˜staff memberโ€˜ title

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
@deb - thanks for the tips.
I will check on my laptop in a couple of days and see what that looks like.
Signatures are visible on my phone - but only in landscape orientation.

There was a great photo of the sky taken by Rose Fletcher (BF Rose ?) on the 1st of the 1st 2020 - bit of an omen I think. She has made it available for any use ....

Rose Fletcher_Aboriginal Flag Sunrise_01012020.jpg

Chosun ๐Ÿ™…

Deb Burhinus

Europe
Well, this thread is called โ€œCanโ€™t find my flagโ€ - I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s any risk of anyone loosing that one ๐Ÿ˜‚

(itโ€™s a clever image though)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Well, this thread is called โ€œCanโ€™t find my flagโ€ - I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s any risk of anyone loosing that one ๐Ÿ˜‚

(itโ€™s a clever image though)
That was a legit unaltered image taken by Rose soon after sunrise on the first day of the year.

She said the sun only poked through the thick bushfire smoke (which had turned the sky dark) for a short time giving this image.

DING DING ! Humanity !! If this isn't prophetic, then I don't know what is !!!

Chosun ๐Ÿ™‡

Users who are viewing this thread