• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Flycatcher - Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Glaverty

Observed in Alajuela region of Costa Rica on April 1, 2019. Merlin Bird ID suggests Social Flycatcher (the bill on the bird in my photo looks too big to me) OR Great Kiskadee (the bird in my photo lacks rufous in wings expected in Great Kiskadee) OR Gray-capped Flycatcher (the white eyebrow on the bird in my photo seems too strong for Gray-capped Flycatcher). Any guidance would be appreciated.
Costa Rica Flycatcher.JPG

THE_FERN

Of those it's social flycatcher. Depending where you are in CR you'd also want to look out for white-ringed flycatcher. I'm not familiar with this species but it looks almost identical. However, it's a canopy species and unlikely to be perching on a wire fence.

Glaverty

Of those it's social flycatcher. Depending where you are in CR you'd also want to look out for white-ringed flycatcher. I'm not familiar with this species but it looks almost identical. However, it's a canopy species and unlikely to be perching on a wire fence.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread