• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Flycatcher - Las Vegas, NV (1 Viewer)

LzyPhotographer

Taken today up in the Spring Mountains near Mt Charleston, at about 7500-8000 ft.

Lovely family unit.. any idea what they are? My best guess would be Cordilleran.

Thanks,
Maureen

Attachments

• IMG_4421_who.jpg
    IMG_4421_who.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4515_who.jpg
    IMG_4515_who.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 80

fugl

My guess would be Dusky Flycatcher--all dark mandible (as far as I can tell), short primary projection, plumage characteristics--but I'll be interested to see what others have to say.

trailhiker

Taken today up in the Spring Mountains near Mt Charleston, at about 7500-8000 ft.

Lovely family unit.. any idea what they are? My best guess would be Cordilleran.

Thanks,
Maureen

Hey Maureen, Steve (trailhiker @ OLP) here! Super takes here as per your usual. My guess would be Dusky Flycatcher too. Sibley's says it sometimes has a "mostly dark bill", which these have, and they don't seem to have a yellowish tinge to them as Cordillerans or Pac Slopes would.

Check out my Pewee posts here when you have the time. Any ideas as to whether they're Western Wood- or Greater Pewee?

Best Wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread