• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flycatcher / Pewee - Varadero, Cuba, April 17 (1 Viewer)

Andy Hartley

Hi All,

Can anyone help with these two?

Flycatcher? / Pewee? or other

Thanks,

Andy

Attachments

• PIC 1_1.jpg
    PIC 1_1.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 39
  • PIC 2_1.jpg
    PIC 2_1.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 37
Seems Andy is sure of himself, and I can be wrong. I thought the lack of rufous in primaries and little pale tip of tail were details pointing to the kingbird rather than the Myiarchus, but as I haven't been to Cuba, so I'd better not argue.

Definitely La Sagra's Flycatcher and a very nice pic Andy. Images attached re comparison with Loggerhead Kingbird on right.

Hope this is useful.

Stu

Last edited:
Definitely La Sagra's Flycatcher and a very nice pic Andy. Images attached re comparison with Loggerhead Kingbird on right.

Hope this is useful.

Stu

This "La Sagra"is easy with brown cap (black in op bird), brown wing panel (absent in op bird), and yellow belly (greyish in op bird).

This being said, I agree I was wrong and accepted your conclusions. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back