• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Flycatcher Toronto (1 Viewer)

mordovarot

Hi,
Photos from September 2.
Is that possible to say for sure which one is it?
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_6651.jpg
    IMG_6651.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6652.jpg
    IMG_6652.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6653.jpg
    IMG_6653.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6654.jpg
    IMG_6654.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 21

mordovarot

This looks like a Great Crested Flycatcher.

Thank you, but definitely not the Great Crested.
Willow / Adler / Least ...
I think it is one from Willow/Adler pair by PP length and rather Adler than Willow :)

Last edited:

D Halas

The eye-ring isn't particularly strong, and the primary projection isn't very long (the shadow of the primaries on the body makes the primary projection look longer than it really is), so I'm inclined towards Willow/Alder.

Fiscalshrike

I would go with alder due to a distinct eye ring - in my opinion, but you may need to just say spp. An interesting note is that until the 1970s, they were considered the same.....another result of splitting, I guess.

mordovarot

I would go with alder due to a distinct eye ring - in my opinion, but you may need to just say spp. An interesting note is that until the 1970s, they were considered the same.....another result of splitting, I guess.

Thank you for your opinion. I believe it Alder too but afraid I have to learn their calls and wait for Spring :)

Birdbrain22

Traill's (Willow/Alder) Flycatcher...even in hand they are sometimes hard to be sure(if they do not call) since many measurements overlap

Users who are viewing this thread