• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Flycatchers (1 Viewer)

49bentley

Can someone please confirm that pics 1 + 2 is an Eastern Wood-Pewee, and 3-5 are Great Crested Flycatcher? Taken in Port Credit Ontario in August.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• DSC00679-df.jpg
    DSC00679-df.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00680-df.jpg
    DSC00680-df.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00705-df.jpg
    DSC00705-df.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00712-df.jpg
    DSC00712-df.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00723-df.jpg
    DSC00723-df.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 17

The Bird Nuts

Birding Duo
Yes to Great Crested for 3-5. Not sure about the first bird. I'm confused by the angle, lighting, and lack of wingbars.

KenM

Looking at the head pattern (1/2), it looks very “contrasty“ with a “loral line” not something that one might expect with Warbling Vireo, further the upper part colour looks to be a rich olive green, I’m wondering if REV might be a better contender?

Cheers

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Ken is probably thinking Red-eyed vireo. I do not know which vireo, but one of them was my immediate thought when seeing the first image.

Niels

HeadWest

I agree 1 is probably a warbling vireo. You can tell it's definitely not a wood-pewee, because wood-pewees have very short tarsi. This bird has long tarsi.

Users who are viewing this thread