• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forest Elaenia Canopy Camp Panama (1 Viewer)

49bentley

Canada
Can someone please confirm these to be Forest Elaenias? Taken near Canopy Camp Panama in Sep.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• CAT04594-df.jpg
    CAT04594-df.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 5
  • CAT04596-ds.jpg
    CAT04596-ds.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 5
  • CAT04601-ds.jpg
    CAT04601-ds.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 6
  • CAT04602-ds.jpg
    CAT04602-ds.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 6
  • CAT04692-df.jpg
    CAT04692-df.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 6
  • CAT04693-df.jpg
    CAT04693-df.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 5
  • CAT04694-df.jpg
    CAT04694-df.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 5
  • CAT05212-df.jpg
    CAT05212-df.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 5
  • CAT08185-ds.jpg
    CAT08185-ds.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 5
Three or four different birds here, potentially all different species. 1-4 are Mistletoe (aka Paltry) Tyrannulet (pale iris, grey crown, whitish underparts); 5-7 could well be Forest Elaenia, it would be nice to have more angles as this is a species I am rusty with; 8, unsure, any pics showing bill? ; 9 looks good for Yellow-olive Flycatcher/Flatbill with the broad bill (befitting of a Tolmomyias) and pattern of edging on the greater coverts + lack of pale spot at base of primaries ruling out Yellow-margined

Three or four different birds here, potentially all different species. 1-4 are Mistletoe (aka Paltry) Tyrannulet (pale iris, grey crown, whitish underparts); 5-7 could well be Forest Elaenia, it would be nice to have more angles as this is a species I am rusty with; 8, unsure, any pics showing bill? ; 9 looks good for Yellow-olive Flycatcher/Flatbill with the broad bill (befitting of a Tolmomyias) and pattern of edging on the greater coverts + lack of pale spot at base of primaries ruling out Yellow-margined
Yes agree with this. The tyrannulet pics accord with my experience of this species. I think they're somewhat different to the headline ebird ones ...

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back