• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forthcoming BBC productions (1 Viewer)

JTweedie

I was trying to find out what projects the BBC was working on at the moment, and Wikipedia had a few snippets.

Some of these will be known about, but I thought some of you may like to know about what's coming up:

In 2009, the BBC are screening a special season of programmes to mark the bicentennial of Charles Darwin's birth and the 150th anniversary of the publication of his work The Origin of Species. The Natural History Unit are contributing Life, a 10-part series for BBC One which will show the diversity of life on Earth in high-definition. Life will be narrated by David Attenborough

A three-part, high-definition series provisionally titled Expedition New Guinea has been commissioned for BBC One. An expedition team explore the island, filming birds of paradise displays, exploring new cave systems and encountering remote tribes.

I think this is the programme called Lost Land of the Volcano that starts on Tuesday

Gorillas (provisional title) will follow the efforts of scientists and conservationists to protect the last remaining mountain gorillas in Africa. The three part series will be broadcast on BBC Two in 2010.

The Frozen Planet is an ambitious landmark series for 2011. Six episodes filmed in high-definition will present the most comprehensive study of life in the polar regions ever filmed. Billed as the follow-up to Planet Earth, filming began in late 2006 with a shoot on South Georgia, enlisting the help of Royal Navy helicopters for aerial footage. It is due to air on BBC One in autumn 2011 and on The Discovery Channel the following year.

This is what I'm really looking forward to as I love anything about the polar regions. It'll also be narrated by David Attenborough

Africa, announced by the BBC in January 2009, is a six-part BBC One series described as "a definitive television series on the greatest wildlife continent on earth". It will be the first project for Neil Nightingale, the former Head of the Unit, on his return to programme making.

Earth Flight was commissioned by the BBC in March 2009 from independent producer John Downer Productions. Each of the five episodes will look at bird migration on a different continent, using innovative cameras and filming technology. Earth Flight will debut on BBC One in 2011. Press release about this here http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/03_march/12/earth.shtml

The BBC is collaborating with Animal Planet on two African series. The greatest concentration of wildlife on the continent will feature in The Great Rift, due for completion in 2010. The following year, Madagascar will focus on the natural history of the African island

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back