• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Found a bird (1 Viewer)

Tan123

England
Hi, just joined to post this. If it needs to be posted somewhere else please move it.
I’ve had a white bird in my garden for nearly a week now. (Chellaston, derby de73 6)It’s fairly tame and I’m at a point where it eats seed from my hand but I’ve not managed to catch it yet but it’s here everyday. It has an orangey red ring on its leg which says 2022 Farhan 07307995. I’ve been told because it’s tame and because it’s white it won’t survive in the wild and will be at risk from predators. how Do I find the owner? How shall I catch it? And what shall I do with it if I can’t find the owner?

Attachments

• DCA1D750-22F7-4D3A-9CB4-F62F15C8E6A1.png
    DCA1D750-22F7-4D3A-9CB4-F62F15C8E6A1.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 8
Hi Tan and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've found this site for you: Lost Pigeons - What to do if the letters on the ring include NPA. I'm not sure what you do if you can't read the number though. I'll keep an eye on this thread and if I think it will help I'll move it to a different forum.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Tan and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've found this site for you: Lost Pigeons - What to do if the letters on the ring include NPA. I'm not sure what you do if you can't read the number though. I'll keep an eye on this thread and if I think it will help I'll move it to a different forum.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I clicked on that link and it says you can only contact them if the bird is caught and if the ring has NPA on it, which it doesn’t.

OK.... can you post the letters/numbers you can read on the ring in this thread.

I'll leave the thread here, as someone may know what the origin of this ring is.

Welcome to Birdforum.

Could you put a post on your local Facebook or Next door neighbour pages to see if there is anyone local to you who might be able to help? Is there a racing pigeon group in Derby you can contact?

OK.... can you post the letters/numbers you can read on the ring in this thread.

I'll leave the thread here, as someone may know what the origin of this ring is.

Hi, I put that information in my original post….2022 Farhan 07307995

Welcome to Birdforum.

Could you put a post on your local Facebook or Next door neighbour pages to see if there is anyone local to you who might be able to help? Is there a racing pigeon group in Derby you can contact?
Yes, I’ve posted in a few places, including local groups, so I’ll see if anyone responds, thanks.

Hi, I put that information in my original post….2022 Farhan 07307995
Ummm.... I knew you had - I'd been googling for the information!!! Don't know why I said that!!

Senior Moments strike again!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back