• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Found a Yellow chick, need more information about it. (1 Viewer)

mayank_r_m

I found this injured yellow bird while walking my dog. It was after a thunderstorm. I guess it fell from its nest. I searched for the bird type in this location and found out that it might be an Golden Eurasian Oriole. I took it to the same spot and waited for its mom to return by keeping it on a branch 3 days, went far enough to spot if the parents come but they didn't, i did see a yellow bird far away but it didn't care about the chick. So im keeping it until it can learn to fly and then I'll release it. I further noticed the yellow bird was not golden Eurasian Oriole but rather a Black hooded Oriole. The chick can fly for a few meters then it falls down, im keeping it warm and feeding it fruits and insects. Its fledging right now from what i have read. For now i feed it ebery hour, it recognizes my voice and looks healthy, but i want to ask why doesn't it have hair on its head? Any information on it would be very appreciated.
Here's a photo of it.
http://imgur.com/gallery/bIDlkQz

Users who are viewing this thread