• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Free guided walk 15th Sept Cliffe RSPB (1 Viewer)

tittletattler

Hi all,

I'm leading a walk at Cliffe RSPB on the 15th Sept as follows:

SATURDAY 15th SEPTEMBER 2012
CLIFFE MARSHES - Birds of the North Kent marshes
Meet at Cliffe Church car-park TQ 735 765 0900hrs
All day
Leader Andrew Lawson

This is on behalf of the KOS but note that all are welcome.

Frankly, it should be a cracker as at this time of year the place should be packed with 'scarce' with a high chance of 'rare'. We'll start at the church and then complete a circular route which will take in the BB pools, the Thames and then Flamingo and Ski Pools.

High tide is at 12.23 and is quite high too (6.36m) so ideally I'd want to be at the Ski Pool at 11.30am at the latest.

This walk is aimed at all abilities but do expect to do a fair bit of walking.

Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.

See you then!

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi all,

As two orgs were going to have walks at Cliffe this Saturday, we've decided to join forces.

This does mean a slight change to our plans as follows:

We will now meet in the RSPB car park at the end of Salt Lane (the road that runs between North and South Quarry off of Buckland Road).

Meet in the Salt Lane car park at 9.30am.

I'm assuming that some people may not see this message so I will go to the Church car park first in Cliffe before driving to Salt Lane at 9.15am. Mike Roser will hang on there for any stragglers for another 10 minutes or so before joining us.

Again, bring a packed lunch and a drink.

Cheers, Andy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back