• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuente de (1 Viewer)

Waine foster

Hullo folks, I am taking a fourth trip to Fuente De to try again for
Wallcreeper tomorrow. Have tried early may, June, August, what are my chances? Better or worse than the usual slim to nil :-/

Yes indeed, welcome to BF and good luck. I've only been once (and that was in June) with crippling results.
Read all abaht it here, if you like.

Agree...not sure for this time of year. Been 4 times in June and scored well on every trip (but dipped on only trip in July!)

I was there in early August and dipped both times! But my time was cut short by low cloud on both occasions...

I've only been once (early September), and had great views (despite the summit being in and out of thick mist). Worth bearing in mind that the birds sometimes descend to the village below in winter (a friend has seen them on the wall of the hotel opposite the lift station), but not sure when they come down. Presumably weather/snow dependant. A little persistence is needed, just keep looking in the best areas as they're there!
Good luck!

Mark

Although a few years ago we had two visits to Fuente De and saw wallcreeper on both occasions. Once in late May and once in early June. Went with a group of 'experts' and they were needed to help locate the birds. Just one pair of wallcreepers in one long rocky valley needs a lot of eyes.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back