• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Fuji S602 - Opticron ES 80 GA ED & HDF Eyepiece (1 Viewer)

rin

I have a fuji S602 Zoom Digital Camera that I would like to use with my Opticron ES 80 GA ED scope and HDF Zoom eye piece that I recently purchased and do not know what adaptors I require to make this possible. The camera has a lens that retracts into the camera when not in use.

Can anyone please advise if there are connection tubes and pieces available that I could make it possible for me to attach my camera to my scope.

Does anyone know of a retailer that would stock these items?

I currently use my digital SLR but find it inconvenient always having to detach the camera lens and scope eyepiece in order to take pictures and then replace the eyepiece to use the scope again. I thought that perhaps I could use this smaller camera for speed and convenience.

I look forward to any advice you exerts in the know may have.

Yours eagerly........

Catherine

scampo

Steve Campsall
rin said:
I have a fuji S602 Zoom Digital Camera that I would like to use with my Opticron ES 80 GA ED scope and HDF Zoom eye piece that I recently purchased and do not know what adaptors I require to make this possible. The camera has a lens that retracts into the camera when not in use.

Can anyone please advise if there are connection tubes and pieces available that I could make it possible for me to attach my camera to my scope.

Does anyone know of a retailer that would stock these items?

I currently use my digital SLR but find it inconvenient always having to detach the camera lens and scope eyepiece in order to take pictures and then replace the eyepiece to use the scope again. I thought that perhaps I could use this smaller camera for speed and convenience.

I look forward to any advice you exerts in the know may have.

Yours eagerly........

Catherine
I'm afraid you are out of luck. For a digital camera to be useable with a scope, it needs to have a small front lens element. The S602 (I have this - and it's a great camera!) has such a large lens that you end up with a small circle of a photograph surrounded by black (called "vignetting") when used with a spotting scope.

The latest camera being recommended is the Fuji F30. It has a 3x optical zoom and a small front lens - making it ideal for digiscoping. The difficulty is in attaching it to the camera, but there are ways - if you search here for Fuji F30 + adaper, you'll find more.

Users who are viewing this thread