• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Full Allbinos review of the NL 12x42 (2 Viewers)

PeterPS

.......and if rumors are right, the 115ATX is on its way:eek!:

During the weekend, while we had the NL's, the headrest convinced most folks that these really works. That could explain it.

Jan

Can the binos along with the FHR be stored in the case, or would I have to remove the FHR every time I put the NL in their case?

The BulbMogul

Jan,

That is interesting. I wonder what is behind this renewed interest in higher magnifications. Perhaps the wider fields, but most probably birders' hopes that the new forehead support will finally give them the stability (?!) they have learned to expect with 8x.

I also wonder whether Swaro is prepared for this demand for the 12x especially. Back when they introduced the ATX, they apparently expected the 85mm objective to be the big seller, and were surprised by the demand for the 95. "Here, buy this fantastic new 85mm scope which is (perhaps) marginally better than the competition, and offers groundbreaking modularity. And, by the way, we also have this 95 which will blow away anything else image-wise, but it is kinda big and heavy, and you probably aren't that interested in it." It took a while before supply met demand for the 95.

Kimmo

I have the 95 and would have only considered that one just like the 12X42 NL's for me too..

D95A14B9-56C0-453A-A2CD-5930B029172E.jpeg

The BulbMogul

.......and if rumors are right, the 115ATX is on its way:eek!:

During the weekend, while we had the NL's, the headrest convinced most folks that these really works. That could explain it.

Jan

ok what a awesome rumor to hear on the 115MM ATX as thats for me too..! WOW Any ideas on when it may be announced yet..?

The BulbMogul

Anyone have any ideas on when dealers in USA will start receiving there NL's from Swarovski..? Possibly yet this week yet..?

[email protected]

Supporter
Anyone have any ideas on when dealers in USA will start receiving there NL's from Swarovski..? Possibly yet this week yet..?
I have a Swarovski NL 8x42 preordered from Eurooptics so as soon as they get them in they will email me. I will let you know when they notify me of stock. I would imagine they will get them in as quickly as anybody.

[email protected]

Supporter
Well that's 105%. What gives.

I want the 8X, but I guess I should be sure I never want to sell it.
I wouldn't worry too much about selling a Swarovski NL 8x42. I have never had any trouble selling Swarovski 8x32 EL's or 8.5x42 EL's. Even though 10x is the most popular format especially for hunters there are still a good number of people that like 8x.

tenex

reality-based
I want the 8X, but I guess I should be sure I never want to sell it.
It's odd, I'd have expected the 8x NL to be quite popular because the AFOV there is generally so unimpressive compared to higher magnifications. I suppose this 55/40/5 result is more indicative simply of what magnification is most popular among willing buyers... most of whom may not be birders?

[email protected]

Supporter
It's odd, I'd have expected the 8x NL to be quite popular because the AFOV there is generally so unimpressive compared to higher magnifications. I suppose this 55/40/5 result is more indicative simply of what magnification is most popular among willing buyers... most of whom may not be birders?
Hunters greatly prefer 10x42's. Cabella's has hardly any 8x42's. Almost all 10x42's. Hunters can see more detail with them in daylight and at dusk like when counting a Buck's points.

The BulbMogul

No birder here as I am sure are many of the buyers of bins...

dries1

Perhaps the stabilizer is what sold the higher mag formats, lets hope it works for the majority of users.

Andy W.

Users who are viewing this thread