• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Function to display list of new threads? (1 Viewer)

Hauksen

Forum member
Hi everyone,

The forum upgrade introduced a great new function to do away with visually monitoring all of the threads, all of the time, for new posts in interesting threads - the "watch" function.

However, I find I still have to monitor all of the threads, all of the time, to find new threads, so I'm unable to get the most out of the "watch" function.

Is there a function to display a list of new threads, with "new" meaning "having been opened since the last time I checked the list"?

Many thanks in advance!

Henning

Hauksen

Forum member
Hi,

Yes, the 'New posts' in the black bar just below the red birdforum logo (y)

Thanks for the help, but that function shows threads with new posts, not newly created threads.

In the ideal world, I'd only have to look at each thread once, and then decide on whether I mean to watch it or not so I get notified automatically when someone posts in that thread.

The new forum achieves at least half of this by offering the "watch" function to notify me of posts in threads I have decided to watch.

If there is a corresponding function that shows each new thread only once, keeping track of which threads I've already seen, that would be the second half of the functionality I'm looking for.

(The first half really isn't worth all that much since it still leaves me "eyeball"-searching the list of new posts, which is a tiring and error-prone routine I'd like to eliminate, if possible.)

Regards,

Henning

Users who are viewing this thread