• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Resolved Gallery (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
The information about uploading no more than 3 images within a 24 hour period is no longer visible. Is that restriction still in place?

The warning about no photos of nests and/or eggs isn't there either.

Jonno52

John
Supporter
United Kingdom
I agree Kits. Upgrading the site has obviously taken a great deal of work, and all the issues arising from it will take time to resolve, but I do hope the points you've made can be addresssed very soon.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Right now, I'm sticking with the old rules until they post something different.

Kits

Picture Picker
The other day someone posted ten photos within a few minutes; an established member so not someone who wouldn't have known.

There have been several instances of new posters posting more than 3 photos simply because they aren't aware that there is/was a limit.

Kits

Picture Picker
Thanks for updating the posting information in the Gallery.

wonderview

Wasn't the max pic size somewhere around 500kb? And something around 1000 px wide? I don't t remember exactly but I generally stick to approx 900 x 675 and under 500kb and never have a problem.

Andy Adcock

England
The other day someone posted ten photos within a few minutes; an established member so not someone who wouldn't have known.

There have been several instances of new posters posting more than 3 photos simply because they aren't aware that there is/was a limit.
You might want to check how often that member has posted to OPUS and how familiar they are with the set up, before you throw accusations.

It's easy to forget that rule when none of the other sites I use, haver such in place but don't worry, I won't post any more.

Steve

Surfing
Staff member
United Kingdom
You might want to check how often that member has posted to OPUS and how familiar they are with the set up, before you throw accusations.

It's easy to forget that rule when none of the other sites I use, haver such in place but don't worry, I won't post any more.
Its not a big deal Andy, your contribution for Opus was well received and welcome, besides the guidelines were not put back in place, so it was our error
not yours.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Interesting Helen.... I thought you were a Gallery Moderator, which would mean you should be able to delete/edit/move etc not only your own pictures but those from any member too?

Cristian Mihai

Cristian Mihai
Wasn't the max pic size somewhere around 500kb? And something around 1000 px wide? I don't t remember exactly but I generally stick to approx 900 x 675 and under 500kb and never have a problem.
The maximum size was 1024 px. I would also like to know about any changes related with this issue...

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
The maximum size was 1024 px. I would also like to know about any changes related with this issue...
Hi Cristian
I can't actually find any size limits listed. I've uploaded images at 3500 px without a problem.

Once I did one that was over 4000px which seemed to be accepted OK; another time one in that range produced an "Ooops we have a problem" error message but I'm not convinced that was to do with the size.

Helen O

Anything that flies
@Jonno52 Thanks Jonno, nope still can't see it. Probably just a glitch, which will come right, but would like to be in control of my pics. (y)

Jonno52

John
Supporter
United Kingdom
@Jonno52 Thanks Jonno, nope still can't see it. Probably just a glitch, which will come right, but would like to be in control of my pics. (y)
Hello again Helen

I had another look at my Gallery images and get what you mean. I can delete images posted after the BF upgrade, but not earlier ones (see attached). The only option bottom left is "Report". We should certainly be allowed to delete old images if we want.

I hope this can be fixed.

Gallery delete option (2)JPG.JPG

Last edited:

Helen O

Anything that flies
@Jonno52 sorry for the late reply, just noticed your post. Yes, I hope it can be fixed too. In the meantime I have asked a mod to delete my pics, I can always start again.

Jonno52

John
Supporter
United Kingdom
@Jonno52 sorry for the late reply, just noticed your post. Yes, I hope it can be fixed too. In the meantime I have asked a mod to delete my pics, I can always start again.
Yes, I was going to suggest using the "Report" option to ask for individual images to be deleted. But if you want them all removed, asking a mod to help is the answer. Best of luck, it shouldn't be too difficult!

Users who are viewing this thread