• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

garden visitors (1 Viewer)

mikehh

Having joined some time ago i felt it about time to stop reading and get writing. I live on the sandpipers estate in kingswinford. The garden is fairly typical of estate housing, the houses are old enough now for trees to be established and some corners of gardens to be left somewhat less than manicured. There is a small brook lined with mature trees behind the houses opposite, leading onto the old quarry and farm. This is presently being prepared for the building of another housing estate.
I have observed the garden life over the past 28 yrs .
The list of birds seen in the garden is:
Starling, House sparrow, Hedge sparrow ( dunnock ),Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush, Blackbird, Robin, Wren, Goldcrest, Blue tit, Great tit, Long tailed tit ,Coal tit, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Bullfinch, Siskin, Magpie, Jay,
Wood pigeon, Feral pigeon, Collared dove, blackcap, Willow warbler, Grey wagtail, Pied wagtail, Black headed gull, Sparrowhawk, Great spotted woodpecker.
The siskins, coal tit, woodpecker and Grey wagtail were seen one year only, all others on more than one occasion. The most common bird is the goldfinch, they have increased from Zero in the early years to a Maximum of more than 30 birds, counted on the day of the RSPB garden birdwatch! The song thrush was an early tick ,but none have been seen proably for 20 years or more. Overfliers are the usual hirundines and Swifts, though all three are very scarce this year.

Hi Mike and a warm welcome back to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm so glad you've found your way back to us, and I look forward to hearing your news. You've quite a few birds there that I'd love to see at my feeders, and some I'd like to see coming more often!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back