• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden / Yard List 2021 (1 Viewer)

Treverva

11. Song Thrush

Also plenty of Short-tailed Field Voles under the corrugated.
Up again today. Biggest surprise was blue skies, sunshine and not a breath of wind. Feels like years since I last experienced that, and not being funny but it is definitely some months in reality.

Anyway ...

12. Carrion Crow
13. Rook
14. Woodpigeon
15. Blue Tit
16. Redwing
17. Bullfinch (heard only)
18. Dunnock singing
19. Buzzard. 2 spiralling and calling

Counted 5 Robin and 4 Wrens in the frost initially. Baby Field Voles under the corrugated. Bunny scut seen (assumption being that the rest of the bunny was attached).

Last edited:
37. Ruby-crowned Kinglet
I'm surprised I haven't got this one yet. It's one of the most common species here in the winter. I'm almost out of winter species to add to the list. I probably only have 10 more possibilities to add for the next three months, unless I get some lucky flyovers.

January 8th.
40. Sparrowhawk - somewhat overdue as I rarely go more than a day or two without one.
Steve

January 9th.
Managed to get a one hour session in before thick mist suddenly formed. And glad I did.
41. Wigeon - five flew north
Not only an excellent garden year tick but it finally takes me up to #100 for my garden list. It has taken me four years and two days, and I must admit the Covid lockdowns have helped.
Steve

Update from in the week:

28. House Sparrow
29. Great Spotted Woodpecker

With luck I might get out into the back garden for an hour or two today, fill in some common gaps.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back