• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2022 (2 Viewers)

I'm sure I do. But how do you access it?
You log in on another device and can then see what you have stored ‘up there’ and then you are able to download it onto that device.

I can see all my stuff from laptop, tablet and phone if I want and move stuff from one to the other. It’s certainly worth setting up if you haven’t already.

I can see all my stuff as it’s all written down in longhand….one of the benefits of being a computer illiterate Luddite! 🤩👍

Two great late fall additions this morning, both species I don't think of as "desert denizens."

93. Pine Siskin (new yard bird)
94. Cassin's Finch (full lifer and a desert rarity)

The finch was a calling flyover, but still very special. Let's see if we can pull 6 more species out by year's end? Off the top of my head, some possibles include Mountain Bluebird, Dark-eyed Junco, Prairie Falcon, Merlin, Great Blue Heron... I can dream of Lawrence's Goldfinch, Sagebrush Sparrow, Ferruginous Hawk, etc.:)

Any duck would be new for the list.

Two great late fall additions this morning, both species I don't think of as "desert denizens."

93. Pine Siskin (new yard bird)
94. Cassin's Finch (full lifer and a desert rarity)

The finch was a calling flyover, but still very special. Let's see if we can pull 6 more species out by year's end? Off the top of my head, some possibles include Mountain Bluebird, Dark-eyed Junco, Prairie Falcon, Merlin, Great Blue Heron... I can dream of Lawrence's Goldfinch, Sagebrush Sparrow, Ferruginous Hawk, etc.:)

Any duck would be new for the list.
Brillant Bm! Like you, any duck would be new for the list here, I guess our desert and mountain locations don’t make it very likely(I’m also still waiting for any waderspecies as well).
Still, a year tick for here yesterday, two birders turned up, big lenses an’all! They’d seen my observations on eBird and came hoping to see the Yellowhammer spectacle and photograph Nutcracker- fame at last!!

Full on winter here, snow all day. Grain box proving very popular ...20 kg of grain being eaten a week now - Roe Deer numbering eight, plus long-staying pair of Fallow Deers, umpteen Jays and Hooded Crows. This last couple of days however, a flock of Yellowhammers also discovered, plus two Tree Sparrows (my first ever at my Labanoras feeders, despite nesting in the surrounding stork nests).

Grey-headed Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Middle Spotted Woodpecker and Lesser Spotted Woodpecker around the feeders.

Far more impressive however was the critter lingering a little way back from the grain box ...in the dark of the night, one Lynx ambling by. Found the tracks in the morning, atop my own footprints from the day before. Very rare in Lithuania, this is remarkably my fourth record on my land (one sighting, two kills, these tracks).

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back