• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gardman feeding station tree? (1 Viewer)

The30something

Last edited:
I haven't got this exact model, but I do have a feeding station similar to that.
I recommend using feeding stations like that as they let you see the birds very easily without foliage getting in the way like when they've hung from a tree.

it has lots of room on it so it looks like it should do the trick ...

by the way, how are you getting 25 goldies a day? I had four come to my nyger feeder last week and nothing since. they where the first to visit the feeder and probably the last!

Thanks for the replies guys!

by the way, how are you getting 25 goldies a day? I had four come to my nyger feeder last week and nothing since. they where the first to visit the feeder and probably the last!

When I moved into this current property around early November I wasn't getting any goldfinches, I was seeing them fly over but they weren't seeing my feeders. After two months and no Goldfinches, I decided to move my feeders from the Apple tree and out into the open. I bought a cheap 3 hook feeding station and some cheap large blue CJ challenger seed feeders http://www.amazon.co.uk/Large-Challenger-Seed-Bird-Feeder/dp/B0039YX39O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1296845920&sr=8-1-spell and filled them with sunflower hearts. Within an hour or so I had 2 Goldfinches and the numbers just kept on growing. I'm actually convinced that the blue feeders attract them to be honest!

RSPB article on feeder colours. http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/expert/previous/feeder_colour.aspx

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back