• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Gender vs Sex (1 Viewer)

Alexis Powell

Natural history enthusiast.
United States
Account Details requires that members report their gender, but the choices "male" and "female" are sexes, not genders.

Also, in this day and age it seems almost retrograde to lack a gender non-conforming or ambiguous or non-reporting option.

--AP

tenex

reality-based
Antarctica
This field does require a response, but you can enter anything at all, limited I suppose only by your imagination.

King Edward

Account Details requires that members report their gender, but the choices "male" and "female" are sexes, not genders.

Also, in this day and age it seems almost retrograde to lack a gender non-conforming or ambiguous or non-reporting option.

--AP
Thank you for bringing this up. No idea why we should be required to state our gender or why there is no field for sex, but I have now set mine to 'Sex: Male'.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
It does help me to know whether to address someone as laddie or lassie in my posts ;)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal

--AP

This field does require a response, but you can enter anything at all, limited I suppose only by your imagination.

Yep confirmed, my gender is now fruit fly 😂
I suppose "yes please" would raise an eyebrow ! 😲😻😊😁

Users who are viewing this thread