• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

General Gear Anxiety with particular Swarovski NL 12x42 thoughts (1 Viewer)

HenRun

Sweden
I use binos more than I have before (which of course says nothing about my usage really, just pretend it makes sense) and live where there is enough wildlife to warrant a pair or two "for life". I have three binoculars at the moment and I find I am juggling them around too much and would like to settle on two.

Since there was a power out at work today I slipped into town to eyeball me some fine rubberized coke bottles.
I keep telling myself I am in the market for a pair of 12x binos and was hoping to look through a pair of the 12x42 NL's but they were out of stock and perhaps a full month or more away. They did stock the 10x42 NL and I thought they might give me an indication of the 12x performance.

I brought my Zeiss Victory FL 10x32 and compared to the Swarovski NL Pure 10x42's. I was very impressed by them NL's, I liked pretty much everything about them. Sticker shock was present - which is on par for the course. Brought up my Zeiss FL's and was pleasantly surprised at how well the Zeiss performed against the Swaros. To be honest I would not trade "up" but I got me some confirmation on the stellar performance of the Victory FL's which are an aging design but still packs a punch and in a very small package.

Though I did not have the opportunity to view anything very far out (store is in the city) I didn't find the field of view to be "exceptionably" better on the NL Pure but overall I thought them excellent for viewing with glasses on. One of the best binos I have looked through for sure, if not the best! But I am not looking for a 10x.

I did look through a pair of Leica Ultravid 10x and Noctivid 10x as a comparison, the former not doing "it" for me and the latter excellent but not the right feel for me.

I have previously looked at Zess Conquest for higher magnifications but found them lacking for my purposes, wishes and wants.

The "downside" of looking through the NL 10x42 is that it got me thinking I would love to try the 12x and there is a store that had two of them in stock - so I placed an order for one of them. I have a return option on them and now I am rattling my brain around going from my current trio; Victory FL 8x25, FL 10x32 and Meopta 15x56 HD to a set up of (insert brand name) 8x32/42 and a Swaro NL 12x42.

Some would argue that I already have a great trio with a small 8x, a compact 10x and a great 15x tripod bound brute. And that is true. I do enjoy all three but to be honest I hardly ever use the 8x25, which was meant to be a travelling companion but now mostly sits around unused, which is a pity as it is a fine piece of glass.

The Zeiss FL 10x32 has been a "for life" companion as it does it all really: sharp, great with glasses and compact, virtually ca free and great field of view.

The Meopta 15x56 HD is a pleasant surprise for sure. As sharp as the Zeiss 10x32 - with 5x more magnification and excellent ca control and just outside of the top three usual Alpha suspects - "reasonably" priced. The Meopta renewed my interest in optics in a way that might see me replace it though (!) and I want to hear some input from the forum members as I know you guys are experienced and can pick apart my fuzzy logic and help me decide if I am thinking straight. I know for sure many of you have gone through this - or are still going through similar gear anxiety. Anxiety is a life style someone once told me!

My train of thought is still boarding at the station but here it goes.
I have three excellent binoculars, 8x25, 10x32 and 15x56.
The 8x25 hardly sees use. Could be replaced by other 8x but still too close to the compact 10x I have. I would still reach for the 10x for the extra magnification. The 10x and 15x are so good they ought to be keepers for sure. At times the 10x becomes a little wobbly hand held for longer periods but for the most part fine. The 15x is tripod mounted and great as such - but not as rewarding freehand.

I would like to slim down to two binos in circulation - two that I will use all the time - instead of three or even four that see intermittent use. I am no longer a hoarder/collector nor do I have sufficient funds to sustain a long term commitment to a holy trifecta of alpha glass... Keeping one that I have, selling two and getting a new one would work. Replacing all three with two well thought out binos would work too.

I could either

A) sell the 8x25 and keep the others. 10x and 15x is a good spread. The 10x can be hand held and the 15x stays on the tripod. And be done. It will not cure my GAS bloated mind but it would make financial sense. All paid, said and done.

or

B) Trade all of them towards a top notch 7-8.5x32/42 and the 12x42 NL.

The reason would be that I could benefit from a 7 to 8.5x binocular for extended hand held use - and there are plenty of great ones to be found both new and used. Almost too many to choose from!

7-8.5x and a 12x is also a good spread for a power duo. The NL 12x I think I can hand hold pretty well with some support and I am sure it will be superb on a tripod and I could trade the excellent Meopta 15x reach for the slightly lower 12x magnification and benefit from the NL's wide field of view, approaching 10x field of view territory with 12x magnification. A trade off from the 15x I might find worthwhile even though I am very impressed with the detail provided by the Meopta 15x56 HD.

I would not consider trading the Meopta for any other 12x to 18x magnification other than the NL 12x as none of the 12x or higher mag binoculars I have looked through has been as good as or bettered the Meopta, regardless of price and brand.

I am also on one hand very reluctant to see the Zeiss 10x32 go but I can't see myself having a 10x and a 12x at the same time so if the NL Pure 12x42 is as good as the 10x42 NL I will have to sober up and realize I should look for a 8x-ish replacement. The 15x56 HD is literally new and very impressive but I think I will be ok with stepping down a notch in magnification.

There is also an argument for C)

Get rid of both the 8x25 and 10x32, get the "best" 8x32/42 and keep the Meopta 15x56 HD. 8x and 15x is quite a spread but when you need magnification, more is more.

Pausing my rant for input!

Keep the Zeiss 10x32 and the Meopta 15x56. Get rid of the 8x25 if you don't use it. Get a third binocular with large exit pupils and low magnification for use in low light, such as your winter and of course at dawn and dusk. A nice 7x42 might do it, such as the Ultravid 7x42 HD Plus. Lighter than an 8x50 or 8x56, not too large, and possibly optically the best of the Leica Ultravid Series.

At least that's what I would do.

Hermann

When you get the 12XNL take a go with it, see if you can use it handheld for extended use. The 10X32 is a much more portable glass, and feel you would miss it since you seem to like magnification > or = 10X. If you are not using the 8X25, move it. Down the road if you go traveling there are plenty of small 8X to choose from, such as Optricon. I would keep the FL in 10X32, but that is just MO, down the road you may decide if you want to keep the 15X56 or the NL.

Andy W.

Having read your thoughts and looked at what binos you have and their use coupled with a desire to drop down to two alpha pairs I would happily spend your cash on option B.........the NL Pure 12 x 42 together with a Zeiss SF 8 x 32 as a combination. Two alpha pairs for life and a forever home.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I use binos more than I have before (which of course says nothing about my usage really, just pretend it makes sense) and live where there is enough wildlife to warrant a pair or two "for life". I have three binoculars at the moment and I find I am juggling them around too much and would like to settle on two.

Since there was a power out at work today I slipped into town to eyeball me some fine rubberized coke bottles.
I keep telling myself I am in the market for a pair of 12x binos and was hoping to look through a pair of the 12x42 NL's but they were out of stock and perhaps a full month or more away. They did stock the 10x42 NL and I thought they might give me an indication of the 12x performance.

I brought my Zeiss Victory FL 10x32 and compared to the Swarovski NL Pure 10x42's. I was very impressed by them NL's, I liked pretty much everything about them. Sticker shock was present - which is on par for the course. Brought up my Zeiss FL's and was pleasantly surprised at how well the Zeiss performed against the Swaros. To be honest I would not trade "up" but I got me some confirmation on the stellar performance of the Victory FL's which are an aging design but still packs a punch and in a very small package.

Though I did not have the opportunity to view anything very far out (store is in the city) I didn't find the field of view to be "exceptionably" better on the NL Pure but overall I thought them excellent for viewing with glasses on. One of the best binos I have looked through for sure, if not the best! But I am not looking for a 10x.

I did look through a pair of Leica Ultravid 10x and Noctivid 10x as a comparison, the former not doing "it" for me and the latter excellent but not the right feel for me.

I have previously looked at Zess Conquest for higher magnifications but found them lacking for my purposes, wishes and wants.

The "downside" of looking through the NL 10x42 is that it got me thinking I would love to try the 12x and there is a store that had two of them in stock - so I placed an order for one of them. I have a return option on them and now I am rattling my brain around going from my current trio; Victory FL 8x25, FL 10x32 and Meopta 15x56 HD to a set up of (insert brand name) 8x32/42 and a Swaro NL 12x42.

Some would argue that I already have a great trio with a small 8x, a compact 10x and a great 15x tripod bound brute. And that is true. I do enjoy all three but to be honest I hardly ever use the 8x25, which was meant to be a travelling companion but now mostly sits around unused, which is a pity as it is a fine piece of glass.

The Zeiss FL 10x32 has been a "for life" companion as it does it all really: sharp, great with glasses and compact, virtually ca free and great field of view.

The Meopta 15x56 HD is a pleasant surprise for sure. As sharp as the Zeiss 10x32 - with 5x more magnification and excellent ca control and just outside of the top three usual Alpha suspects - "reasonably" priced. The Meopta renewed my interest in optics in a way that might see me replace it though (!) and I want to hear some input from the forum members as I know you guys are experienced and can pick apart my fuzzy logic and help me decide if I am thinking straight. I know for sure many of you have gone through this - or are still going through similar gear anxiety. Anxiety is a life style someone once told me!

The 8x25 hardly sees use. Could be replaced by other 8x but still too close to the compact 10x I have. I would still reach for the 10x for the extra magnification. The 10x and 15x are so good they ought to be keepers for sure. At times the 10x becomes a little wobbly hand held for longer periods but for the most part fine. The 15x is tripod mounted and great as such - but not as rewarding freehand.

I would like to slim down to two binos in circulation - two that I will use all the time - instead of three or even four that see intermittent use. I am no longer a hoarder/collector nor do I have sufficient funds to sustain a long term commitment to a holy trifecta of alpha glass... Keeping one that I have, selling two and getting a new one would work. Replacing all three with two well thought out binos would work too.

I could either

A) sell the 8x25 and keep the others. 10x and 15x is a good spread. The 10x can be hand held and the 15x stays on the tripod. And be done. It will not cure my GAS bloated mind but it would make financial sense. All paid, said and done.

or

The reason would be that I could benefit from a 7 to 8.5x binocular for extended hand held use - and there are plenty of great ones to be found both new and used. Almost too many to choose from!

7-8.5x and a 12x is also a good spread for a power duo. The NL 12x I think I can hand hold pretty well with some support and I am sure it will be superb on a tripod and I could trade the excellent Meopta 15x reach for the slightly lower 12x magnification and benefit from the NL's wide field of view, approaching 10x field of view territory with 12x magnification. A trade off from the 15x I might find worthwhile even though I am very impressed with the detail provided by the Meopta 15x56 HD.

I would not consider trading the Meopta for any other 12x to 18x magnification other than the NL 12x as none of the 12x or higher mag binoculars I have looked through has been as good as or bettered the Meopta, regardless of price and brand.

I am also on one hand very reluctant to see the Zeiss 10x32 go but I can't see myself having a 10x and a 12x at the same time so if the NL Pure 12x42 is as good as the 10x42 NL I will have to sober up and realize I should look for a 8x-ish replacement. The 15x56 HD is literally new and very impressive but I think I will be ok with stepping down a notch in magnification.

Get rid of both the 8x25 and 10x32, get the "best" 8x32/42 and keep the Meopta 15x56 HD. 8x and 15x is quite a spread but when you need magnification, more is more.

For what it’s worth I have settled on two binoculars ...6.5x32 and a 12x50. I have an 8x32 that hardly gets used anymore. Much prefer the wider field and greater depth of field of the 6.5 over the 8 and the reduction in magnification isn’t that noticeable. The 12 I can handhold and put on a tripod. Handholding a 15 I find much more challenging which limits it to a tripod. It’s also much lighter than a 15 so easy to pack and travel with if I need to.

HenRun, two things seem clear to me. First (as another for whom "pocket" binos or cameras never really worked) you should sell the 8x25, as it's just not what you want in any case. Second, if you want only two bins, your basic question is: 10x and 15x, which you already have, or 8x and 12x, which requires selling them all and buying two new ones?

10/15x: this is what works for me, and you already have glass you like! We're done, unless you're still itching to try SLC HD instead of B1.

8/12x: why would you do this? What is the intended use, and why is this going to work better for you? That will help determine which 8x (or 8.5, or even 7!) you want, there being many choices. For 12x the obvious alternatives include 12x50 (EL, UVHD, B1) which you should consider before choosing NL.

I could either

or

I'm having similar deliberations at the moment...

This weekend I tested all three pairs of NL's again. The 8, 10 and 12x.
I do like the 10x but the price is restrictive, plus I don't like the glare and inability to lock the diopter. Plus you don't get the forehead rest included which is a bit of a liberty seeing your paying £2410.00..
I do however like the wider fov, brighter image plus better colour rendition along with the buttery smooth focus, excellent balance and ergonomics.
If I did decide to get a pair of 10x42 NL's I'd have to sell my pair trusty and perfect 10x42 and 8x32 SV's....
It's a bloody annoying decision....😡😡

Cheers
Tim

Thank you all for your replies so far - very good input!

The most sensible thing would be keeping the 10x32 and the 15x56. For sure.

If the 12x NL works as well for my eyes as the 10x NL it would replace both the Zeiss and the Meopta as a more of a long-ish range binocular I can both handhold and work off a tripod. I would almost recover the cost going this route though it is crazy that the NL is almost the cost of the Zeiss and Meopta together - and new. It would give me a bit more reach and about same FoV as the Zeiss 10X and I believe I would use the 12X a lot.

The main drawback is that I would have to source up a 6 to 8.5x binocular - so two new binos. Not that it isn't fun - but in this very large segment I have the least experience so it would take me a while.

HenRun, two things seem clear to me. First (as another for whom "pocket" binos or cameras never really worked) you should sell the 8x25, as it's just not what you want in any case. Second, if you want only two bins, your basic question is: 10x and 15x, which you already have, or 8x and 12x, which requires selling them all and buying two new ones?

10/15x: this is what works for me, and you already have glass you like! We're done, unless you're still itching to try SLC HD instead of B1.

8/12x: why would you do this? What is the intended use, and why is this going to work better for you? That will help determine which 8x (or 8.5, or even 7!) you want, there being many choices. For 12x the obvious alternatives include 12x50 (EL, UVHD, B1) which you should consider before choosing NL.
Yes, I agree about pocket binos. I had a use for them, I no longer don't.

The reasons to go 8/12x for me is that for the intended use I think a 12x could be the sweet spot.
I have a very nice view right outside our windows and the deck on one side, we are perched on a cleared hill side and have deer, moose, foxes, owls and a lot of birds practically outside the window. Sometimes literally outside the window. The 10x is sometimes a little bit on the low side but the one I always grab first when things are happening out in the field. The 15x56 is tripod mounted and usually within 30 sec of deployment but sometimes going between the two the opportunity is lost. Once spotted the 15x56 gives a superb view of the animals though.

I don't bring the 15x56 out that much though since I can barely handhold it steady, only brief stints.
I don't have it tripod mounted and ready to go all the time at home due to the risk of being burgled when we aren't home. Even with the alarm system it would be a temptation for any prospecting b*st*rd.

With the 12x I am thinking I would have it within reach (instead of the 10x) allowing me to pan and scan and come pretty close even at far and if it isn't a fleeting moment I can latch it on the tripod and keep viewing. With one binocular instead of the two I have now. Pretty high magnification and pretty wide field of view both on and off tripod. With the 15x I have missed out a few times since the field of view has been so narrow that I didn't even notice a bunch of deer walking out onto the field while I was busy being in awe of the sharpness of the Meopta looking at back lit branches and other stuff... :D

I could also take the 12x out handheld on excursions and bring a bean bag.

But, I am thinking that as a companion I would very carefully choose a replacement, lower power binocular around 6 to 8.5 for general hand held use, critters and birds at close range outside and for outings in the woods - perhaps a used top tier model suitable for use with glasses on.
Fairly compact (32/42mm front size) and easy to hand hold for longer periods of time instead of the 10x which is a great piece of glass but also a little wobbly after extended use unsupported.

So all that said I think I would use a 6 to 8.5 binocular and the 12x a lot as a pair. A little more so than the 10/15 combo which might leave me wanting a 6 to 8.5 bino in the long run and there I go again...

Again, thanks for the replies. For any forum I would say your collective input so far has been both very constructive and balanced.

I'm having similar deliberations at the moment...

This weekend I tested all three pairs of NL's again. The 8, 10 and 12x.
I do like the 10x but the price is restrictive, plus I don't like the glare and inability to lock the diopter. Plus you don't get the forehead rest included which is a bit of a liberty seeing your paying £2410.00..
I do however like the wider fov, brighter image plus better colour rendition along with the buttery smooth focus, excellent balance and ergonomics.
If I did decide to get a pair of 10x42 NL's I'd have to sell my pair trusty and perfect 10x42 and 8x32 SV's....
It's a bloody annoying decision....😡😡

Cheers
Tim
Since you already have some great glass in your preferred range I would suggest keeping your cool for a while unless you feel the NL is "that" much of an improvement over your existing 10x42. Letting go of that 8x32 would probably be a mistake unless you don't use it that often and/or sell it at little to no loss.

I tried the head rest with the NL 10x42 and decided that while it helped steady things a little, it was too little, so I won't fork out for the head rest if I get the NL 12x42.

Since you already have some great glass in your preferred range I would suggest keeping your cool for a while unless you feel the NL is "that" much of an improvement over your existing 10x42. Letting go of that 8x32 would probably be a mistake unless you don't use it that often and/or sell it at little to no loss.

I tried the head rest with the NL 10x42 and decided that while it helped steady things a little, it was too little, so I won't fork out for the head rest if I get the NL 12x42.
Good advice...

The problem is that I have to be practical.. I rarely use my 10x42 SV's because of the weight and size. I actually use my 8x32 SV's ten times more because they are smaller and easier to fit in your hands...Additionally I also use my 10x25 CL's even more than the 8x32 SV's.
If I got the 10x42 NL's I would probably rarely use them....
I think I might hold off until the 8x32 NL's come out later this year..

In regards to your conundrum I would personally solve the problem by thinking about what binoculars you use the most ?
It might be an idea to wait for the 10x32 NL's to come out later this year.... Then you could part exchange you 8x25 FL and 10x32 FL's and just have 2 pairs..

Alternately have you considered the Leica Duovid 8-12 x 42 or the 10-15x50.....Both are excellent Glasses although they are a bit on the heavy side...

Hope that helps..

Cheers

Tim

Tim, that puts another perspective on it. Great glass is worth "nothing" if you don't use them. Better let someone else enjoy them and have one pair less or get another pair to your liking.

The Victory 8x25 FL is a great, compact pair - but I almost never use them. They are just "money on the shelf" at the moment.

Good advice...

The problem is that I have to be practical.. I rarely use my 10x42 SV's because of the weight and size. I actually use my 8x32 SV's ten times more because they are smaller and easier to fit in your hands...Additionally I also use my 10x25 CL's even more than the 8x32 SV's.

In regards to your conundrum I would personally solve the problem by thinking about what binoculars you use the most ?
It might be an idea to wait for the 10x32 NL's to come out later this year.... Then you could part exchange you 8x25 FL and 10x32 FL's and just have 2 pairs..

Alternately have you considered the Leica Duovid 8-12 x 42 or the 10-15x50.....Both are

Good advice...

Alternately have you considered the Leica Duovid 8-12 x 42 or the 10-15x50.....Both are excellent Glasses although they are a bit on the heavy side...

Hope that helps..

Cheers

Tim
Tim, I am faced with the same problem of whether to chose optics over ergonomics. I have a 8 x 32 SV FP which is great, but I really want to try the 8 x 42 NL because of its better optics and FOV. I had tried the 8.5 x 42 EL but returned it, primarily because it didn't feel right in my hands. It wasn't the weight of the 8.5 x 42 el that bothered me as much as its ergonomics. It just felt out of balance and bulky. For the WOW factor optics and FOV that the NL promises, I hope I won't mind the added weight because of better ergonomics.

Should I also wait for the 8 x 32 NL that may be forthcoming? Perhaps, but if the 8 x 42 NL doesn't have any handling issues for me, I think I might be better off with that ,because it better low light performance. I don't hike that much so the added weight around my neck shouldn't be a problem.

I just ordered the 8 x 42 NL So we will see.

Hi all, the Swarovski 12x42 NL is currently en route to yours truly. Will arrive on thursday it seems.
Will do a look-out (bino shoot out) between the heap of glass accumulated. I have a return window on the Swaro's and part of me (my wallet part) is hoping I will be slightly underwhelmed. The other part is hoping I will be thoroughly impressed.

Hi all, the Swarovski 12x42 NL is currently en route to yours truly. Will arrive on thursday it seems.
Will do a look-out (bino shoot out) between the heap of glass accumulated. I have a return window on the Swaro's and part of me (my wallet part) is hoping I will be slightly underwhelmed. The other part is hoping I will be thoroughly impressed.
Well done for making a decision...

Hope it works out for you and tell me how it goes...

Cheers

Tim

Tim, I am faced with the same problem of whether to chose optics over ergonomics. I have a 8 x 32 SV FP which is great, but I really want to try the 8 x 42 NL because of its better optics and FOV. I had tried the 8.5 x 42 EL but returned it, primarily because it didn't feel right in my hands. It wasn't the weight of the 8.5 x 42 el that bothered me as much as its ergonomics. It just felt out of balance and bulky. For the WOW factor optics and FOV that the NL promises, I hope I won't mind the added weight because of better ergonomics.

Should I also wait for the 8 x 32 NL that may be forthcoming? Perhaps, but if the 8 x 42 NL doesn't have any handling issues for me, I think I might be better off with that ,because it better low light performance. I don't hike that much so the added weight around my neck shouldn't be a problem.

I just ordered the 8 x 42 NL So we will see.
Babydov

I think if you tried 8x42 NL you would buy them...
They actually feels like a 8x32 in the hand because of the narrower body and incredible balance.. It doesn't make sense because they actually weigh the same as the Field Pro 8.5x.
Try them and see.
Personally I'm going wait for the 8x32 NL before I trade my 8x32 EL's in...

I'm still debating if I should buy the 10x42 NL ? I must admit that I'm tempted....🤔

Cheers
Tim

Babydov

I think if you tried 8x42 NL you would buy them...
They actually feels like a 8x32 in the hand because of the narrower body and incredible balance.. It doesn't make sense because they actually weigh the same as the Field Pro 8.5x.
Try them and see.
Personally I'm going wait for the 8x32 NL before I trade my 8x32 EL's in...

I'm still debating if I should buy the 10x42 NL ? I must admit that I'm tempted....🤔

Cheers
Tim

I also was tempted to order the 10 x42 nl, but I didn't think it was fair to compare them to the 8 x 32 el. So I ordered the 8x42 nl. Furthermore, I think I might appreciate the 8 x 42 nl's record breaking FOV and greater depth of field, more than the bit of extra magnification. I suspect the 8 x 42 will also be a bit a bit brighter.

I also was tempted to order the 10 x42 nl, but I didn't think it was fair to compare them to the 8 x 32 el. So I ordered the 8x42 nl. Furthermore, I think I might appreciate the 8 x 42 nl's record breaking FOV and greater depth of field, more than the bit of extra magnification. I suspect the 8 x 42 will also be a bit a bit brighter.
Hope you love them.

Send some pics when you get them..
The fov of the 8x42's is big... But I think the fov of the 8x32's will be even bigger... I'm guessing 171 metres...

Cheers
Tim

Hope you love them.

Send some pics when you get them..
The fov of the 8x42's is big... But I think the fov of the 8x32's will be even bigger... I'm guessing 171 metres...

Cheers
Tim
The FOV on the 8 x 32 El is 140 meters; on the 8 x 42 NL the FOV is 158 meters. Now, if you are talking about an 8 x 32 NL, yet to be made or released, you may be right. It could bigger.
I spoke to someone today at Swarovski, who says he has not heard about any plans for an 8 x 32 NL, but people in customer service are often the last to know. I wish I had the patience to wait for a 8 x 32 NL, but I don't. Perhaps if one does come out, I would then order a 10 x 32 NL, assuming I am returning the 8 x 32 El that I have, because I end up loving the 8 x 42 NL more. I would then have a 8 x 42 NL and a 10 x 32 NL. That's a lot of money for binoculars, but you only live once.
l

I could either

or

Hi HenRun,

I'm reluctant to suggest what you should do as so much is involved in that decision, but I have an instinct that says what you should NOT do is to sell the Zeiss Victory 10x32 FL. It sounds as though this glass, in its small form factor and with abilities that are good enough still to get your praise alongside the latest NL design, is a trusted, much enjoyed bin. Regardless of logic (which can be twisted to suit some short-lived lust for something newer) you might come to regret parting with this proven piece of kit and find you have spent a lot more money for little result.

Maybe you have already sold it - I'm quite good at missing parts of long threads - in which case never mind; few people can do all their shopping without making some mistakes along the way!

Just as a scenario: a glass that springs to mind as a great companion for your 10x32 FL, keeping things in the family, would be the 7x42 FL, but they are not so easy to find. Get a good one and I feel quietly confident that as you like the 10x32 in that design you would absolutely love the 7: it has AK glass, is optically superb with very low CA and a very easy view. Worth the wait and good decisions don't need to be rushed. But I am a 7s addict and they don't float everyone's boat.

All the best,

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back