• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

ghost of the forest, goshawk , (1 Viewer)

Sterngucker

Ом мани падме хум
Tuvalu
I keep forgetting to visit these forums, this is a carving in jelutong and painted with acrylic paints.
I went to your website and as a retired carpenter I must say I am in awe of the delicate, stunning and beautiful objects you craft out of wood.
Am I right in assuming that the walking sticks, except the antler one, are primarily for display? I imagine with use the wonderfully natural paintjob would wear off - trading the original likeness for 'patina' with time.

mark richards

I went to your website and as a retired carpenter I must say I am in awe of the delicate, stunning and beautiful objects you craft out of wood.
Am I right in assuming that the walking sticks, except the antler one, are primarily for display? I imagine with use the wonderfully natural paintjob would wear off - trading the original likeness for 'patina' with time.
thanks very much, walking sticks are made mostly for show, the painted heads get three coats of a matte varnish, and beaks are carved from horn, so quite robust sticks

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Wonderful work Mark. Beautifully done lad.

aaronc

Great work all the way around, I gave your site a visit. Love the miniatures. Raptors are my favorite,..

Users who are viewing this thread