• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gibraltar point, Lincolnshire UK (1 Viewer)

Epsomsalt

Visiting realtives in Lincolnshire today so we decided to have a look around Gibraltar Point Nature reserve, run by Lincolnshire Wetlands Trust. The area is mainly saltmarsh and very different from my usual surroundings in Surrey.

The Birds were few and far between beacause of the awful weather I guess but in addition to the usual subjects (Oystercatcher, Redshank, Black Headed Gull, Ringed Plover, Pied Wagtail and several Meadow Pipits) we had a first - a superb Montagu's Harrier - a female hunting over the saltmarsh. Made the whole day, including getting soaked, well worthwhile!

Chris

sounds like you had fun despite the bad weather i too got a little birding done on the way to hunstanton without bins or birdbook tho managed to see 17diff types of bird including my first views of a redkite which went overthe car near peterborough

all in all a good day at the beach in the rain lol

Took the Kids to Yarrow Valley CP this am (07.00 09/07/08)
Nothing spectacular Jay. Grey Wagtail. Robin, Wren, Black-headeds, mallard. Blue Tit and the tiniest frog no bigger than a thumb nail that the eldest lad nearly trod on !!

Evening of the 8th had a number of swifts and house martins, Gt Crested Grebe and Nuthatch amongst others. We also caught yet another fleeting glimpse of a Kingfisher crossing the reed beds.
Great place for my boys to learn binocular use and for me to bone up after years of only occasional birding!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back