• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gill Osborne's 2011 List (1 Viewer)

Sunday, 24th April
Beacon Hill area

109: Blackcap ~ male singing.
110: Willow Tit
111: Tawny Owl ~ 2 males hooting at 3.10pm in bright sunshine!!!
112: Kestrel
113: Reed Bunting
114: Rock Pipit ~ just realised it's been missed off list!!! Seen many times over past month or two! Ditto kestrel!!! :smoke:

Also first Green-veined White and Large White butterflies.

Summer has arrived! o:)

Sunday, 1st May
Alnwick Market Place

115: Swift ~ single bird belting north across Market Place at 8.10am :t:

Monday, 2nd May
Druridge Pools

116: Spoonbill
117: Garganey

Cresswell Pond

118: Common Tern
119: Sedge Warbler
120: Whitethroat

Last edited:
Tuesday, 10th May
East Chevington

121: White-winged Black Tern
122: House Martin ~ at last!!!!! A good 35 days later than last year!!! :eek!:

Last edited:
Time to update after far too many weeks stuck working and hardly having time to get outdoors...:-C

Tuesday, 24th May
Cresswell Pond

124: Black-tailed Godwit

Tuesday, 4th October

Jay flying across A1 near turn-off for Eshott & Helm.

Single swallow flying S @ Morpeth.

Friday, 7th October

Chiffchaff singing @ 9.30am from gardens behind flat in Alnwick.

9 Whooper Swans on River Coquet at Amble Marina.

Terrible photo below....basic digital camera zoomed in |:$|

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 65
Friday 28th October
River Wansbeck @ Sandy Bay

135: Little Egret ~ one seen on river bank as we drove overhead on the Spine Road! :t: Totally unexpected o:)

Monday 7th November

Updating Year List and found a few VERY embarrassing gaps :eek!:

Barn Owl....Goldcrest....Grey Wagtail....Kingfisher....Kittiwake....Little Owl....Merlin....Pochard....Raven....Razorbill...Red Kite....Redwing....Short-eared Owl....Smew....Snow Bunting....Water Rail....Woodcock..........:smoke:

Birding in the latter part of the year seems to have ground to a halt......must get my act together and get out over the next few weeks!!! No goldcrest????? No grey wagtail?????? I've got the river and Hulne Park within half a mile so NO EXCUSE!!!!!!! :smoke:

Birding is being restricted due to my having a cripplingly sore knee - I can barely walk!!! :-C Very frustrating!!!!!! :storm:

So.....stuck with what I can see from the windows :smoke:

Today I had a gorgeous male sparrowhawk perched in the top branches of the neighbour's sycamore :t: Fabulous bird and I got some super views before he suddenly shot off towards Pottergate.

Tuesday, 15th November
Hauxley Nature Reserve

Knee has been sorted......most likely a bit of split cartilage leading to fluid build-up. Pah! Nowt wrong with me :-O So went birding after seeing doctor! ;)

136: Greater Yellowlegs *Lifer No 211* :loveme:
137: White-fronted Goose

Friday, 18th November
Holy Island

138: Eastern Black Redstart *Lifer No: 212*:loveme:
139: Short-eared Owl ~ hunting in the dunes :t:

Two ticks in three days.....I'm turning into a twitcher :-O

Went to find those Ross' Geese and Bean Goose near Craster but Neil took a wrong turning and we ended up in Longhoughton :smoke: It was 3.45pm by then and dark soon after 4pm so I'll try for the geese on Sunday afternoon after work.

Sunday, 20th November
Dunston Hill

140: Barnacle Goose
141: Taiga Bean Goose*Lifer No: 213* :loveme:

Just dipped on the two Ross' Geese :-C They were at Low Newton Pool when I parked up in the village but as I walked to the hide a huge flock of geese flew up and headed off towards Dunston Hill :smoke: I could have sworn there were two lighter coloured geese in there but didn't get good enough views to be 100% certain. Passed by Dunston Hill once more on my way home but the geese were settling down behind a rise in the field so were obscured from view :smoke:
Never mind.....there's always my day off on Tuesday ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back