• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Glossy Ibis Help Required (saltfleet) (1 Viewer)

Mannix

I have been to saltfleet twice now (150 mile round trip) in search of the glossy ibis. It is said to be in pools by the cattle enclosure but I can see no cattle enclosure and there are a million pools. Does anyone here know the precise location of this bird as the RBA gives only cattle enclosure.
Thanks in advance.

Hotspur

James Spencer
United Kingdom
If you walk up to the watch station and cross from the bank onto the marsh across a footpath which can take a vehicle (rather than girders or other lighterweight crossings) about a mile north of the saltfleet car park. On the right in the middle of the buckthorn is an opening with highland cattle in - the bird is often in here feeding on one of the small pools. If you havent seen these things, keep walking, they arent obvious untill you get there.

Neil Kurz

Mannix,
From the car park at the very end of the track off the A1031 at Howden's Pullover, walk NNW along the bank top until you reach map ref TF442967, then start checking the back of the pools to your right. I have often found the bird in the company of a Little Egret close to the buckthorn at this point. Good luck.
Nipper

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread