• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Going to Mole NP? (1 Viewer)

kstrating

I'm planning to be at Mole NP (Mole Motel) April 28-May2 and am looking for other birders who may want to share costs/logistics, or just compare notes.

Also looking for information regarding Mole, like where to go birding, which are the most knowledgeable rangers, how to get from Tamale to Mole, etc. I will be coming off a 10 day guided trip in southern Ghana, but doing this bit on my own. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, -K

What I learned

To answer my own post, and hopefully help others out... Here's a bit of information that may be helpful, without any personal gain.

The Mole Motel is difficult to contact from out of the country. I don't think they have internet connection at the motel, and the land line is spotty and perhaps non-existent. So I arranged my booking from the UK through M&J travel at [email protected] They made the booking and I paid cash at the motel when I left. I had read previously that cash was better since the phone connection does not allow for visa with any reliability. I didn't try this out.

As for getting there, I arranged a driver and car on line with musah alhassan at [email protected]; Not a fancy ride, but they picked me up on time from the airport and got me to Mole (4 hours). The motel arranged the return with a fellow named Abraham which was more comfortable and slightly less expensive. Mr. Abraham can be reached in country at 0246 269 205.

And finally, if you are changing pounds or dollars to cedi, the best rate I found by far was at the international terminal in Accra, in the baggage collection area. It was open both times I was there; at 0615 and again at 2100.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back