• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Golden Eagle (1 Viewer)

madbird

Madbird
Spain
Hello: I saw this eagle in central Spain in an area that also has breeding Spanish Imperial Eagles. I was hoping someone would be able to help me confirm this is a Golden Eagle. Unfortunately I do not have any other pics.
Thank you in advance,
Peter

Attachments

• golden_eagle.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 153

madbird

Madbird
Spain
Thank you all. The whitish leading edge is viewable here but I saw very little white in flight. I think I’ll need to go back about into the field for this one.
Thanks again 👍🏻

tconzemi

Tom
Supporter
Europe
maybe more common in the Alps where I see them often?

madbird

Madbird
Spain
It took me a long time to find an image that has a similar-looking creamy edge to the wing. Given that time, I better link to the one I actually did find:
Niels
Thank you for your effort Niels. I was convinced in the field this was a Golden Eagle but I made the mistake of going for the photo before clinching the details. Thanks again.

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
maybe more common in the Alps where I see them often?

I could find several young birds that showed something similar, the difficulty was finding an adult bird. One of yours also fit the bill 😎

Users who are viewing this thread