• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gone... (1 Viewer)

Kickingbear

England
Last week I had two Robins on two successive days on my bird table but have not seen them since any idea what has happened to them? With the weather being freezing with that of harmed them?

Hi Kb

Don’t worry - garden birds are like cats, they never like to rely on one food source and like taking advantage of neighbours’ food providing generosities!😉. The recent snow (and lockdown) has probably resulted in far more people putting food out for birds or topping up existing feeders more than usual.

Of course, there could be a cat around. Looking at your images other day of low wooden fencing (well for a cat!) and bordered by several neighbouring plots, this is a good possibility. I would do a check several times a day especially in the wild areas that a cat hasn't taken to lurking.

Birds also move around in winter to avoid locally bad weather. Some of your Robins will be migrant winter visitors anyway so generally more mobile.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back