• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goodbye Nature's Home! (1 Viewer)

kb57

Europe
Working from home today and trying to concentrate, so didn't take much notice when the postman delivered the RSPB magazine...took it out and leafed through - it seemed to have much more content, much of which seemed a little more detailed and potentially interesting than of late...fewer adverts, a couple trying to flog chalets on posh caravan sites but no mobility aids and only one conservatory firm. I looked at the front cover, and it is in fact 'The RSPB Magazine'. They could perhaps have come up with a slightly more imaginative and less literal title, but I for one am not mourning the demise of Nature's World. In fact, I can even forgive them for the new logo!

The lack of adverts was refreshing and noticeable. I never did need 2 pages of binoculars and scopes to look at :) I'm not sure about the logo.

The lack of adverts was refreshing and noticeable. I never did need 2 pages of binoculars and scopes to look at :) I'm not sure about the logo.
There's a whole thread on the new logo... https://www.birdforum.net/threads/rspb’s-new-logo.425444/

Silly me...can't edit thread title, but of course I mean 'Nature's Home'. Shows how much attention I paid it, but realised my mistake when I found one I hadn't recycled yet..

Silly me...can't edit thread title, but of course I mean 'Nature's Home'. Shows how much attention I paid it, but realised my mistake when I found one I hadn't recycled yet..
I thought we could now, sure I've done it a couple of times?

I don’t understand why they don’t offer members a digital alternative. So many organisations do, these days and it is surely a more environmentally friendly way to go. I usually find little to read in it, being generally more style than substance, so a paper magazine is a waste of resources as far as I am concerned.

I don’t understand why they don’t offer members a digital alternative. So many organisations do, these days and it is surely a more environmentally friendly way to go. I usually find little to read in it, being generally more style than substance, so a paper magazine is a waste of resources as far as I am concerned.
It might be on how long ago it was originally posted.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back