• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goose in Telford, Shropshire, UK (1 Viewer)

sebbo1

Hello all,

On my travels today feeding the ducks and geese, I saw this guy with a group of 60 Canada geese at a local pool, and was hoping someone could ID him/her?

It was around the same size as the Canada geese, perhaps a tiny bit bigger.

I have looked at a few articles of wild geese that are found in the UK, but can't find anything that matches this beautiful guy. The closest guess would be that it is a Greylag with an unusual facial pattern, but it also seemed to make a bit of a deeper and louder call than the Greylag geese I have encountered before. As I say though, I figure it is most likely a Greylag.

Apologies for the quality of the images, they've been taken on my mobile phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_145942661.jpg
    IMG_20210804_145942661.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210804_145944748.jpg
    IMG_20210804_145944748.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 36
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back