• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goshawk / Sparrowhawk - Poland (2 Viewers)

AGDK

I saw today 2 different birds, more clearly through scope, than by picture.. Maybe someone is able to verify, if this is correct, what I have assumed here..

The first picture the bird on the left seems big, so I assume Goshawk? Geese and Raven on the right for comparison of size..
The second picture the bird on the right seems very slim and more lightly build.. I assume Sparrowhawk.. ?

Thanks for any inputs..

Attachments

• Goshawk.jpg
    Goshawk.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Sparrow.jpg
    Sparrow.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 120
Thanks Tom.. I must admit that I'm not sure about the second one.. In the early morning sun and strong wind, it was a bit difficult to see clearly.. Could be a Peregrine also, since it's regular in the area also..

To my eye, the first image looks ok for Gos, as does the second image, certainly no Peregrine with such short primaries to “banded” tail length.

Cheers

To my eye, the first image looks ok for Gos, as does the second image, certainly no Peregrine with such short primaries to “banded” tail length.

Cheers
After photoshopping I agree tail barring looks genuine, agree with Accipiter spec.

Attachments

• Sparrow.jpg
    Sparrow.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 12
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back