• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GPO Passion ED 8x42 (1 Viewer)

That likely explains it better than I did. For example I am not susceptible to seeing CA. I can induce it, but in a properly focused binocular I rarely am able to see it. I make a point of that in my reviews. People who are more susceptible may well not agree with that point in one of my reviews.

Steve:

I agree with your handling of the CA question. I also like the middle of the road, and I can get along with most all binoculars. You can push lateral CA in all binoculars, at all price levels, and they do differ.

For me, unless CA is obvious in the middle and it becomes a distraction, I don't worry about it much.

There are many other traits in a binocular that all add up to the sum of parts of what I like.
Some things are scored more highly than others on my scorecard.

Jerry

Steve:

I agree with your handling of the CA question. I also like the middle of the road, and I can get along with most all binoculars. You can push lateral CA in all binoculars, at all price levels, and they do differ.

For me, unless CA is obvious in the middle and it becomes a distraction, I don't worry about it much.

There are many other traits in a binocular that all add up to the sum of parts of what I like.
Some things are scored more highly than others on my scorecard.

Jerry

Same here, Jerry.

Mmmmm, this is a bit strange.......

I am looking for a new brand for my shop and was planning a meet at the IWA, but since that was cancelled, I thought to give BF a try to find out what my experts think of that brand.
It seems that a guy from Downunder had exactly that same idea........
Mmmmm, did he got any answer??? Where did he go to. What will he think......
I think I'll scroll through the next Thread.

Jan

Did anyone on the forum review the binocular - subjective or objective, with or without tests or charts. Before I dissolve in a gust of hyperbole, what was your experience with the GPO Passion ED 8x42? Having been gone for a few years, I see we are still beating each other up over optics.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back