• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Great Blue Heron caught on video swallowing whole Alligator !! (2 Viewers)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Amazing ! 😲

Chosun πŸ™…

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Oh, my. I always worry about the alligators getting the birds not the bird getting the alligator.

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Oh, my. I always worry about the alligators getting the birds not the bird getting the alligator.
Lisa, it makes me wonder - what sort of a stomach must those birds have to digest something like that ?! ..... and do purses and wallets come out the other end ! 😁

Chosun πŸ™†

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
The alligator was a baby so perhaps not too difficult size wise - I have seen Herons (and Pelicans!) consuming ridiculously large prey items. I wonder if it broke its neck before swallowing it though? It’s a risky meal otherwise.

More often than not swallowed live πŸ₯Ί

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
Grey heron .... waters of a Canadian river
Typical Daily Fail πŸ˜‚

Though having seen some of their recent wildly inflammatory headlines, I'd not touch that rag at all. Boycott it, and its website (y)

txpossum

United States
I saw a hognose snake swallowing a toad. I probably should have let nature be, but I bonked the snake on the head until he spit out the toad. The snake split, and I took the toad to a friend of mine who rehabs toads. The toad survived, but he was kind of PTSD after that.

Users who are viewing this thread