• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Guide in Anamadowa, Mud House (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I'm just back from a three week trip to Sri Lanka. During my stay at the Mud House, Anamadowa, I had the fortune of meeting a young guide who took the time to show me a lot of birds that I would have missed. Mahanama Kaushalya, or Kaushalya, as he introduced himself, took his time to show me the birds in the area on several occasions, including a night time bird walk. He is exceptional in that birding is his passion and so we were at the same level of interest. Where other guides know only the more common species, he knew most of the species at the Mud House, and did not pretend to know the very few he wasn't sure of. Instead we poured over our guide books and worked out by a process of elimination, what those few were that he was not 100% certain of. It was great to meet someone with the same level of interest and a far superior knowledge of the local avifauna than the majority of bird guides I met during my stay in Sri Lanka. He also has a very good knowledge of reptiles and amphibians, in particular snakes of the area.
I would heartily recommend him to anyone plannning a stay at the Mud House.

Thank you again Kaushalya

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back