• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Great Leica Service - and Introduction (1 Viewer)

Greetings from Virginia. I’m new to the forum, having lurked for a while. I thought I would introduce myself and share a recent (my only) experience with Leica’s customer service in the U.S. I purchased a pair of open box/demo 10x42 Noctivids from an authorized dealer on-line. Unfortunately, they arrived with a crack in the left eyepiece sleeve (plastic) corresponding to the stop point on the inside of the sleeve, where it rests against the spring-loaded metal knobs surrounding the eyepiece tube.

I called the 800-number to Leica’s sport optics customer service, and was given the extension to the parts department. A very helpful gentleman answered, and listened patiently as I explained the situation. I was completely forthcoming about the “demo” status of my binoculars. He simply took down my name and address, confirmed he had the part, and advised I would receive the same in a week or so. Granted, a plastic eyepiece sleeve is a minor thing, but I was pleased to have it resolved so quickly and painlessly.

Foss

Welcome to the forum. I've had good experiences with Leica customer service too.

bigbulls

United States
I've had great service from Leica, I sent 2 pair into them just to be cleaned and checked out, 1 pair of 10x42 and 1 pair of 15x56 both about 5 years old with rangefinder. It did take a while but I received the 10x42 back all clean and looking great no charge but the 15x56's didn't come at the same time, about 10 days later the 15x56 showed up when I opened the box it was a brand new pair of bino's (different serial number) no explanation just a brand new pair. To say the least I was pleased.

fazalmajid

I've never needed more than replacing straps or caps from them, but the service was always excellent and complimentary.

tenex

reality-based
...and 1 pair of 15x56...
I did a double take here -- having no use for a rangefinder, I'd totally forgotten Leica made a 15x56. (Do they still?) Presumably Schmidt-Pechan prisms? What is it like, optically? What's the FOV? (I've been enjoying the SLC for a couple of years now.)

Users who are viewing this thread