• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green Listing 2021 - Joint thread (1 Viewer)

A further four species for me on foot from home:-

Great Spotted Woodpecker
Kingfisher
Blackcap
Black-tailed Godwit

All previously on the UK list.

So 68 species (of my 82 on the patch this year). I have driven to my seawatching spot over the last couple of days as a result of a lack of time. Maybe next year, I'll give this a proper go......

All the best

Paul

Last edited:
Five more birds for my list over the weekend - Red-legged Partridge on Saturday and then American Wigeon, Whooper Swan, Marsh Harrier, Yellowhammer and Common Buzzard. I think Red-legged Partridge, American Wigeon, Marsh Harrier and Yellowhammer are all new for the UK list as well so I've added them. If it was by mistake I apologise but I couldn't find them anywhere on that sheet. This brings my personal list to 104 now. American Wigeon was number 100, which I was pleased about (even though it was very distant)

Five more birds for my list over the weekend - Red-legged Partridge on Saturday and then American Wigeon, Whooper Swan, Marsh Harrier, Yellowhammer and Common Buzzard. I think Red-legged Partridge, American Wigeon, Marsh Harrier and Yellowhammer are all new for the UK list as well so I've added them. If it was by mistake I apologise but I couldn't find them anywhere on that sheet. This brings my personal list to 104 now. American Wigeon was number 100, which I was pleased about (even though it was very distant)
I hope it's okay to keep sharing my blog occasionally - here's my account of my last few birds (and another member of this thread gets an honourable mention

I hope it's okay to keep sharing my blog occasionally - here's my account of my last few birds (and another member of this thread gets an honourable mention
A mention in your blog, fame at last! Just one more added for Europe (but also the World total this time), a Rock Bunting on Saturday morning. I saw Yellowhammer on Jan 1st so I don't know why I'd forgotten to put it on the World list then, now where did I put my slippers? ;)

I am at some 105 species by bike (and a very few by foot) this year, all between Wesel and Dülmen in Germany. I almost always cycle to my local patch (5 km away), so I tend to have a good "green list" every year (I should expect 150 species a year). I walked there when the roads were covered with fresh snow and cycling was impossible (I tried and failed).
I twitched a few birds that were over 25 km away, which nowadays is a bit of a struggle (I used to cycle such distances easily), not helped by missing out on my daily ride to work (10 km each way).
My best find thusfar was a Pied Wagtail among the White Wagtails on my local patch. I'll happily use Dutch taxonomy to celebrate!

Ah, so our decision to use IOC has now cost us a pied wagtail, cancelling out the gain of green-winged teal earlier in the year. Easy come, easy go.

If you'd like to help us with the collective total, you can either paste your species list into this thread, or grab yourself a column on the Europe tab of Dan's spreadsheet and paste them in there. With 105 you must have some species we don't have for Europe yet, and if nothing else we'll have a running total for Germany as well as France and Switzerland. Spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...k6l70UVaE6-7hJoa_FGKGkrqY/edit#gid=1676269895

Global total now 338 up to & including the Serin.

A further four species from home on foot taking me to 72 (of 86 on my patch):-

Water Rail
Swallow
Sand Martin
Goldcrest

Very pleased to get spring springing properly with some summer migrants.

All the best

Paul

I have added a few from SW Spain, excluding ones that have been seen elsewhere in mainland Europe. Is the transport in the attached photo suitable!!
I assume your Imperial Eagle is Spanish Imperial Eagle? If so, it should be changed in the list.

I added Bluethroat today.

Got four more today - Little Ringed Plover (my first Spring migrant (if you don't count the avocets)), Guillemot (Common Murre to any north Americans in the group), Rock Pipit and Stonechat (which I thought I'd already had but apparently not).
I still haven't had Ringed Plover - usually there are loads on the beach at Redcar but none there today

Got four more today - Little Ringed Plover (my first Spring migrant (if you don't count the avocets)), Guillemot (Common Murre to any north Americans in the group), Rock Pipit and Stonechat (which I thought I'd already had but apparently not).
I still haven't had Ringed Plover - usually there are loads on the beach at Redcar but none there today
It looks like Guillemot was new for the global list and Guillemot and Little Ringed Plover were new for the UK list, so I've added them.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back