• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green Listing 2022 - Joint Thread (2 Viewers)

Finally got a free afternoon with decent weather to walk to Coate Water.
25 Feb
27 Greylag
28 Gadwall
29 Stock Dove
30 Marsh Tit
31 Nuthatch
32 Great Crested Grebe
33 Cormorant

Well done X, I tried to transfer the spreadsheet further forward in the thread yesterday but thanks to my superb computer skills I failed miserably:rolleyes:
Ummm ...

I thought it was quite simply always there on page #1 of this thread - in post #7 to be exact, so no real need to bring it forward? - Just remember it's always near the beginning of the thread- hit the first page (1 near the top left of this page next to prev) and drop down a few posts??

;)

(Of course I've done little birding or updating myself of late unfortunately)

You’re quite right Dan, I was just being lazy!
A Crag Martin flying around the church tower when I walked to the village this morning May be a new one for the World List, will check later…

After a failed (and honestly not very thorough) attempt yesterday I saw Tree Sparrow and Curlew at the hotspot in my municipality (just under 10 km from my home). They both can be expected on my local patch, but it's not a safe bet. Tree Sparrow has really plummeted as ten years ago they were a easy...
Also heard my first Chiffchaff.

(Still failing curiously is Common Raven, despite cycling through some prime habitat multiple times).

Last edited:
Well they didn’t shoot them all! - haven’t seen woodcock in our valley this year so far and after my confrontation with the men hunting them on Jan 1st - I feared the worst. A nice surprise this afternoon therefore when I flushed not one but two from the swampiest bit of our land.

Last edited:
(Still failing curiously is Common Raven, despite cycling through some prime habitat multiple times).
Common Raven over the local patch today.
I added a very early Little Ringed Plover in the evening (6 days earlier than my local record).

Last edited:
Ooh, very nice! I reckon that if I had a pond here I would have had Garganey this week too, judging by the amazing numbers being seen, 62 on one small lake about 30 kms away yesterday !
Some nice numbers past the Dutch coast today as well, so I left home with high hopes: success at two out of three regular spring locations.

Kingfisher’s back from it’s winter hols, collared dove is rashly nesting in our neighbour’s conifer and first chiffchaff of the year in our garden.

A strong and cold easterly wind held back the migrants, but I took advantage of the wind to go to a nature reserve on the river Rhine 35 km due west.
Not a bad decision with Redshank, Oystercatcher, Ringed Plover, Northern Pintail, White-tailed Eagle (on its nest that is such a well kept secret that everyone stepping into the hide asked about it) and Spoonbill.
After an hour of rain (a good reason to stay in the hide) the wind shifted south and died down as predicted – which was good as heading back against the wind would not have been nice... On the way back I found a Common Sandpiper. Three birds for the world list!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back