• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green Listing 2022 - Joint Thread (1 Viewer)

This afternoon, during a good walk, I added hawfinch and Dunnock to my green list. Dunnock is also new for "europe" list.

I think that before the migratory period I have little left to observe on foot routes from my house ... I will have to recover the bicycle routes and thus get closer to the riverbank forest areas or the steppe bird areas that surround my town.

17 Jan
18 Pied Wagtail
Normally I have to slog over to Coate Water for these, so one on my morning wander round the local streets was a nice bonus.

I just found this thread and can add the birds I’ve seen in my yard since January 1. My yard is located in northern West Virginia. Birds marked with an asterisk would be new for the World list, and all would be new for the North America list. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to make additions to the spreadsheet.

Wild Turkey*
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove*
Red-bellied Woodpecker*
Downy Woodpecker*
American Crow*
Common Raven
Black-capped Chickadee*
Tufted Titmouse*
White-breasted Nuthatch*
European Starling
American Robin*
House Sparrow
House Finch*
American Goldfinch*
Dark-eyed Junco*
Song Sparrow*
Myrtle Warbler*
Northern Cardinal*

Dave

I just found this thread and can add the birds I’ve seen in my yard since January 1. My yard is located in northern West Virginia. Birds marked with an asterisk would be new for the World list, and all would be new for the North America list. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to make additions to the spreadsheet.

Wild Turkey*
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove*
Red-bellied Woodpecker*
Downy Woodpecker*
American Crow*
Common Raven
Black-capped Chickadee*
Tufted Titmouse*
White-breasted Nuthatch*
European Starling
American Robin*
House Sparrow
House Finch*
American Goldfinch*
Dark-eyed Junco*
Song Sparrow*
Myrtle Warbler*
Northern Cardinal*

Dave
Try here:

This afternoon, during a good walk, I added hawfinch and Dunnock to my green list. Dunnock is also new for "europe" list.

I think that before the migratory period I have little left to observe on foot routes from my house ... I will have to recover the bicycle routes and thus get closer to the riverbank forest areas or the steppe bird areas that surround my town.
It's amazing how good the Dunnocks are at hiding. They'll be out in song here on the first nice day!

(A nice day in the weekend would be welcome: it's been mostly grey here since early November).

Grey Heron
Herring Gull
Black-headed Gull
and a nice surprise -
Peregrine (only the second time I’ve seen one in this valley in over 3 years)

Wild Turkey*
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove*
Red-bellied Woodpecker*
Downy Woodpecker*
American Crow*
Common Raven
Black-capped Chickadee*
Tufted Titmouse*
White-breasted Nuthatch*
European Starling
American Robin*
House Sparrow
House Finch*
American Goldfinch*
Dark-eyed Junco*
Song Sparrow*
Myrtle Warbler*
Northern Cardinal*

Dave
Welcome along Dave (y)

I've added your list to the N America tab on the spreadsheet, and the asterixed birds to the World list. To add new birds to either going forward, all you really need to do is click on the box you wish to type (or paste) into and enter the data you wish to add (the box has a blue border around it at the time). Because it's the joint effort obviously have to be slightly cautious about doing anything else like dramatically deleting other sections lol but should be straightforward hopefully.

Cheers, Dan

Last edited:
This morning. :)
Not very sharp, sorry. The bird is pretty showy, but quite flighty most of the time -- it sat on the pier just once and for less than a minute while I was there. For slightly better pics (of the bird, not of my bicycle ;)), see here.

Attachments

• IMG_2290-Rhodostethia_rosea.JPG
    IMG_2290-Rhodostethia_rosea.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 23
This morning. :)
Not very sharp, sorry. The bird is pretty showy, but quite flighty most of the time -- it sat on the pier just once and for less than a minute while I was there. For slightly better pics (of the bird, not of my bicycle ;)), see here.
Nice! I thought about going on 1 January when I was staying a bit closer (and which was the only day without Dutch shoppers blocking the road to Antwerp), but that would have meant a 5.5 h car journey which sounded like a bad idea. Definitely won't do it from my home (7 h round-trip): Siberia's summers are hot enough already...

Magpies are common enough around here but high on the menu of our most fearsome raptors - so probably don't dare venture into the valley. According to former residents they used to nest in our garden years ago.

Another notable absentee is collared dove - you really don't have to go far to find them but we've never seen one in the valley in more than 3 years - more hawk fodder I guess.

Yesterday I finally saw a Little owl, which has been absent for a while, but is already on the list. Also saw a single swallow, struggling in the strong wind. I don't think it is on the Europe list?

Catching up on a few that I saw on the first while driving but which had been hiding any time I went for a walk locally. Really suffering from not having had feeders up at home so far this winter due to rat issues.
22 Jan
19 Blue Tit
20 Coal Tit
21 Great Tit
22 Collared Dove

Users who are viewing this thread

Back