• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings all (1 Viewer)

Hanstography

Japan
Hello, I'm Dave and American currently residing near Tokyo, Japan. Over the last year or two, I have been taking my photography more seriously and more into a nature/wildlife direction. Especially birds, butterflies, and dragonflies, which is what brings me here, though honestly, I can't help but think that I should have found this forum a while ago.

I apologize in advance for any ignorant, noob questions I may ask or things I may say. I am a former US Navy electronics tech with a communications degree, so a naturalist I am definitely not. But I am learning, so any resources anyone can suggest would be most appreciated. Thus far I have Helm Field Guides Birds of Japan and I occasionally visit iNaturalist.org and ebird.org when I am particularly stumped.

Thank you all for having me.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi Dave and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hola Dave! Welcome to Birdforum (y)

Looking forward to see some of your photos on the Birdforum Gallery.

For ID question, you can post them here:

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back