• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Belgium! :^) (1 Viewer)

Polinatje

Belgium
Hello there! :)

My name is Polina. I'm based in Leuven, Belgium, and I adore watching and drawing backyard birds, that have been giving me the greatest solace through the pandemic!
For about 1,5 years now I've been actively watching birds that drop by me and my partner's terrace. It started with a silly idea of taming our local magpies that I tried to attract with some seeds - they kept ignoring me for months but a couple of great tits did appreciate the food and were shortly joined by a blue tit and a robin (the latter until March or April last year). In the summer adult tits introduced their young to our terrace and I spent a few months working outside surrounded by the chicks, some occasionally coming to sit on my computer screen and one blue tit baby even landing on my hand twice - first time without me having any food in it! Thinking of this still warms my heart 🥲
Anyhow, with great and blue tits around, it wasn't long till local house sparrows started handing out with their families on our terrace (attracting a sparrow hawk twice omg!). Finally jays and magpies became regular visitors as well! In October our robin returned and more species are showing up on our terrace and in the area. I drew some miniatures of them just recently, check it out if you're curious: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZY9mVSs5rJ/

Since May last year I've been keeping a logbook of bird activities, and also added a camera into one of the nest boxes, with which we already had some success!
Sorry for the long post, I'm just a bit excited hehe. Just happy I found this place and looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing stories about the feathery folk!

Polina

Hi there and a warm welcome to you. (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Polina and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about and will maybe be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back