• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Greetings From Colorado (1 Viewer)

sfarson

Hi Everyone,

First post. After a few years of noting the sweet variety of birds near our place in the Colorado Rockies, and taking a few photos here and there, I'm finding myself, and unexpectedly so, having a growing interest in the wonderful kingdom of birds I'm finding myself in everywhere I go.

So I came across this place when I did a search on "moth forums" for I noted two massive "Sphinx Moths" (size of small birds) mating in the early morning on the side of my door to the outside deck. They stayed "connected" most of the day and left behind a dozen or so "eggs" but I don't think they will survive the intense solar rays at this altitude. I will post a few pics later in the moth subforum.

Update... Here is the post to the Butterflies/Moths forum... https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=391099

But anyway, this looks like it is a fine place join in on the conversation of the wonderful world of birds.

Steve

Last edited:

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Steve and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to hearing your news and will hopefully see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Users who are viewing this thread