• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Greetings from Connecticut, USA! (1 Viewer)

Barbie Heid

United States
Hi all!

New here. 😁 I am relatively new to backyard birding, that is actively trying to attract them. After 15 years of occasionally hanging just a suet feeder, I wondered what besides the occasional Downy/Hairy woodpeckers and sparrows I could attract to my yard to photograph. So I went full bore: new feeders with thistle, sunflower seeds, millet, cracked corn, raisins, berries, double suet feeder... and my yard turned into a Hitchcock movie! I admit sometimes I go a little overboard, often camping out in the yard photo-sniping for hours, ignoring chores.

I am looking here for kindred spirits that like to share photos, tips and advice on attracting birds to my area. I am also a dedicated cat butler, so if I have to log off suddenly, I hear the dreaded sound of a hairball. Looking forward to meeting all of you! Have an awesome day, wherever you are.

Note: Miracle is a strictly indoor cat! As new as I am, even I know cats+birds =well, not good.

Fritz73

Wat mutt, dat mutt!
Staff member
Supporter
Argentina
Hola Barbie Heid! A warm welcome to Birdforum from all the Staff and Moderators (y)

Looking forward to see some of your photos in the gallery.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Barbie and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Sounds like my backyard ;)

Hi there Barbie and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hope to see some of you bird images in the Gallery ;)

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread