• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Egypt (1 Viewer)

GeorginaEgypt

Egypt
Hello, I am Georgina, a British ex-pat living in El Gouna on the Red Sea coast of Egypt since 2004.

We are blessed with some pretty special bird life here. The migration of storks twice a year is just wonderful to watch as they soar silently in the thermals overhead. And birds of prey too, convocations of eagles, if that is the correct term.

And every year, right opposite my balcony, I have kestrels nesting. There are three chicks this year and they are almost ready to fly.

I am a keen photographer so can capture great shots rather than talk about the birds |:$|

Can I share some photos or do I have to make a few posts first?

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello.

You can upload photos to the Gallery. Just click on the Gallery tab at the top of the page. Bear in mind that you can upload 3 photos in 24 hour period. The Galler guidelines can be found at the top of the Gallery page ;)

Hi Georgina and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

As KC has already told you - you are welcome to pose your pictures in the Gallery (3 in 24 hours) and I look forward to seeing them. Just remember we do not allow images of young birds still in the nest. Though you can add images to a thread without limit (except only 5 in an individual post).

If you need any help with uploading, please don't be afraid to ask.

Three photos successfully uploaded in the gallery.

My noisy neighbours the kestrels that mate all day long from January outside my window :)

I can't remember the name of the prey the kestrel caught in the next photo.

And the magnificent stork migration heading to Europe this year.

Not sure how to link the photos here.

A lovely set of pictures there Georgina.

Members (or you) can find their way to your Gallery by clicking on your Username then selecting View User's Gallery from the drop-down list. If you want to give a link in a post, you can click on the address bar when you have a picture open and copy it (you can do much the same in the Gallery too).

Hope you understand what I've rather clumsily tried to explain LOL.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think you will soon find your way around quite well. Sounds like you live in a great place for birds.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Thank you all 😀

I am still struggling how to attach a photo from my gallery to a post so it appears as a thumbnail to click on.

Apart from that, really enjoying finding my way around and reading all the posts.

Great forum ❤️

Hi Georgina

Sorry, you can't do it that way, you can only provide a link. For a thumbnail, you need to upload it directly from your own computer, I generally save a copy of the picture to my desktop (it makes it easier to find) and attach it from there.

Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back